Monkey King x reader new dimension part 3

The sunlight spilled through the curtains of your borrowed room and landed across your face.

You blinked and slowly opened your eyes. The room was entirely unfamiliar. Painted jade with golden dragons etched on each wall. You stared at the walls laying still for a moment.

You wondered what it was like to live in a world like this. School was obviously still a thing. And money worked the same. The laws of physics were at very least slightly altered as M.k shouldn't be able to do half of what he could.

That made you think of home. You didn't have any parents, you had been taking care of yourself. So, no one would really miss you. But would you miss that world? Part of that answer was yes. You didn't belong here.

"Knock, knock! Wake up sleepyhead!" Mei cheered knocking on your door then jumping into your room excitedly.

You smiled at her enthusiasm. And sat up in bed.

"Hey Mei, what's the itinerary for today?"

Mei leapt onto your bed and sat crossing her legs.

"Mom says, 'Y/n can't be expected to stay here without so much as a change of clothes.' So it looks like shopping."

A wave of self-conscious nervousness washed over you.

"I uh don't have any money, Mei. Sorry to disappoint your mom."

Mei shook her head with a laugh.

"I know, silly. Mom gave me her credit card." She held up a golden and green card with a dragon emblem on it. "Buuut the deal was that you have to get atleast two dresses."

You shrugged at the condition nonchalantly. Mei's mother had been generous enough to pay for an entire new wardrobe, she could have her pick of at least two things that were in it. Although you hoped not to spend very much.

"Well, get up! We can grab some breakfast on the way and then hit the arcade after M.k gets off work."

You nodded and got out of bed dressing in the clothes you had landed here with.

You and Mei hit a cafe getting some breakfast and chatting here and there before heading to a large shopping center.

In all fairness, you weren't big on shopping and you mostly went to small inexpensive stores. So, when you stepped into a massive mall your jaw dropped.

Mei giggled at your reaction behind a hand and snapped a picture of you.

"Hey!" You giggled and tried to snatch her phone only for her to bolt into what you guessed was a popular clothes store. You followed suit smiling the whole time.

Mei was a whiz at shopping fast and shopping smart. She found well priced clothes amiss the overpriced brands, seemed to have a good understanding of the sizes and what to look for, and a general pleasant fashion sense. The whole of the trip only took you a few hours. That was until the dresses came into play.

Mei loathed dresses and made that very clear. The dress stores seemed to annoy her the most and she would almost hiss at the dresses themselves.

You giggled and picked out the two dresses rather quickly, opting to go for their family's favorite color scheme. Green and gold and preferably anything with a dragon on it.

"You don't have to get dresses that looked like my mom picked them ya know." Mei informed as you showed her your most recent pick.

It was a dress that adorned a dragon emblem on the chest and was white sprinkled with green symbols and laced with gold.

"Are you sure? Cause I feel like your mom would disagree. She is paying after all."

Mei went to speak, but paused when the two of you heard a whistle.

"Nice dress Y/n." Monkey King's voice caught your attention from your left. "Course that's cause you're wearing it."

Monkey King strode towards you two in a hoodie with a boba tea in his hand.

"M-Monkey King?! What are you doing here?!" You gasped feeling your cheeks explode with a blush.

"Oh ya know, checking up on you," Monkey king threw you a smirk and looked you over. "Seein' the sights."

Your face heated even more at the flirt. And to your extreme embarrassment you saw a camera flash.

"Aww! Y/n, you're blushing!" Mei cooed teasingly resting her head on her palms.

"Oh hush!" You huffed and went back into the dressing room to change. Once you finished and calmed down you walked out to see Monkey King leaning against the wall.

"If you don't mind my saying so, I think you should get that one." Monkey King quipped. "It brings out your eyes."

Speaking of eyes; his golden eyes were trained on you with an intensity that made your stomach explode into butterflies. But you ignored the feeling as best you could. You didn't want to make a fool of yourself.

"Th-Thank you. That's very sweet of you." You offered him a small smile and Monkey King returned it revealing his sharp fangs.

"Of course. Oh, but there is one more thing." Monkey King's tone turned serious. "I need you to keep your head down for a while. And stay by Mei or M.k as much as possible. Just until we can figure out what it is that Macaque wants."

You nodded obediently.

"And here you could have just asked." A low voice rang out with a chuckle.

You jumped and Monkey King pressed you behind him.

A black Monkey walked towards you with a smirk.

"Jumpy aren't we, Liánhuā?" He addressed you. Leaning to the side so he could see you.

Monkey King growled and you shrank a bit behind him.

"Leave her alone."

"Ohoho easy there. I thought you wanted to know what I wanted." Macaque seemed entirely relaxed.

"Well if you're so accommodating why don't you just say it." Monkey King shot back growing a confident grin.

"Then we agree." Macaque mused.

Suddenly you were ripped downwards into a shadow under you. You gasped then suddenly felt a stabbing pain in your right calf. A scream escaped you as Monkey King whipped around and grabbed you around the waist.

You you wrapped your arms around the back of his neck and he pulled you up with a swift tug. But when Monkey King turned back around Macaque was gone.

Monkey King looked confused and angry but then Mei spoke.

"Y/n! Your leg is bleeding!"

You looked down to see you leg dibbling blood. Claw marks were gouged into your leg.

Monkey King frowned and his eyes shone gold.

"Oh no."

"W-What?!" You asked as he lifted you up bridal style.

"Mei tell M.k I'm taking her to flower fruit mountain, send him over as soon as possible." With that he jumped on his cloud and carried you towards the mountain.

Slowly, your energy began slipping away.

"Monkey King....what's ...happening to me." You mumbled tiredly.

"Don't worry Y/n I'm going to take care of you." He looked down at you worriedly.

Meanwhile

Macaque watched Monkey King jet off with a malicious grin.

"That's right. You go look for a cure to that poisonous cut." He held up a vial of your blood. "And I'll ensure little Liánhuā will do for my needs."