M.k x (magic) reader part 1

Warning; mentions of abuse.

Also in this story Monkey king is still around. When M.k learns how to shrink himself. Enjoy!

You wrapped your hands panickedly as your magic burst from them in silver flames.

"No no no no. Conceal don't feel, conceal don't feel." (Yes frozen reference so sue me) you mumbled forcing yourself to breathe and relax.
Slowly the flames dwindled then vanished. You sighed in relief and started to finish wrapping your hands.  The wraps helped you focus on keeping your powers hidden.

Your family hated you for your magic. Your father had beaten you for it, your sisters feared you, and you couldn't make friends because rumors would start at school about you secretly being a monster.

At the age of 16 you had ran away. For some reason this particular city seemed like home to you. The aura it gave off was vastly comforting. And your cousin Mei had been more than supportive about you leaving your family.

You'd stayed with them for a bit before you got a job at Pigsy's as a dish washer and custodian and got your own apartment. That was how you met M.k.

You two had talked quite a bit and he would make time to especially hang out with you. A heartwarming gesture since his time was so occupied. It seemed your world was finally improving. There was only one issue, your powers were growing. And you weren't sure how much longer you could hold them back.

"Y/n!" M.k shouted slamming your apartment door open.

You screamed in fright and jumped. Likewise your magic sparked and all of the lightbulbs near you exploded.

Luckily the sunlight filtering through your windows kept your living space illuminated well enough.

M.k froze in the doorway and frowned.

"Ohhh no no no! Y/n I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to- are you hurt?!" He dashed beside you in the time it took you to blink looking you over.

"Huh? Oh no, I'm fine." You flinched away from his touch worried your magic might shock him since your nerves were still on edge. "Just rattled is all. Heh heh. What did you need?"

M.k paused with a slightly hurt look when you flinched away from him.

"Are you sure you're ok?" He tilted his head a bit to the side with concern swimming in his eyes.

Guilt slammed your chest and you gave him a bright smile.

"I'm ok, really! And don't worry about the lightbulbs I have replacements." You knew M.k believed his powers had shattered them, and you felt guilty, but you just couldn't handle telling him. Not yet. The look of disgust on your father's face flashed behind your eyes, followed by your sisters' fear. You blinked away the images. No, not again. Not M.k. you couldn't take it.

"Oh yeah, heh guess I still don't know my own strength." M.k mentioned nervously looking up at the now empty sockets.

"It's alright." You stood dusting yourself off. "What was the hurry for?" You asked reaching for your broom.

"Huh? Oh! I unlocked a new mystical monkey power!" M.k jumped to his feet excitedly.

"Really?!" That's great!" You cheered offering him a grin. "Can ya show me?"

M.k nodded excitedly then promptly disappeared.

You flinched then looked around.

"M.k??"

"Down here!" A tiny voice yelled from the floor.

You dropped your gaze to the floor only to see a tiny M.k jumping up and down.

You grinned excitedly and clapped.

"That's awesome, M.k! You're getting so good!"

M.k returned to his normal size in a plume of smoke.

"I know isn't it great?! I can't wait to tell monkey king!"

You started to clean up the glass shards with the broom.

"Aren't you supposed to be at training right now?" You asked as you swept.

"O-oh yeah about that. I was...wondering if you'd like to.. come along?"

Your head snapped up from your chore.

"What?"

"W-well you always look so interested when I'm practicing and you've even given me pointers on a few things." M.k mentioned rubbing the back of his neck. "I just thought...I don't know. Maybe you'd like to see me training for real."

You studied M.k for a moment.

"Have you asked Monkey King?"

"Huh? Oh yeah actually I have. He wants to meet you." M.k stated with a smile. "Sooo?"

You smiled excitedly in return.

"I'd love to! When are we going?"

M.k grinned.

"Right now!" He grabbed your wrist and you left your apartment in a run.

At the mountain

M.k parted the waterfall with a single touch and your jaw dropped as the waters separated. You couldn't help but stare at the beauty of the cave inside the mountain as you both walked. Unfortunately you focused so much on the beauty you stumbled and nearly fell.

M.k caught you by the shoulders and you slammed against his chest.

You looked up ready to apologize only to see the Monkey King sitting on a rock behind M.k with a smirk.

"Watch your step love birds."

"Monkey King?!" M.k shouted whipping around startled.

He practically dropped you, and you had to catch your balance.

To which Monkey King snickered.

"So this is her huh?"

In an instant Monkey king was behind you looking you over with a hand to his chin.

You turned only to watch him walk a circle around you.

You fidgeted a bit uncomfortably.

"M.k mentioned me more than once?" You asked carefully.

Monkey King laughed outright making you jump slightly.

"'Mentioned' you? The kid can't shut up about you."

M.K's face turned crimson.

"Monkey King!" He shouted tensing up.

Monkey king only chuckled more then smirked at you.

"So you come to watch the kid train?" You nodded and Monkey King set some ground rules. Mostly they consisted of keeping your distance since the two of them 'played rough' as Monkey king put it.

You obeyed the rules and watched the training session. It really was mind blowing to see how the great Monkey King was able to control his powers almost thoughtlessly. Somehow you envied that. You envied M.k even more unfortunately. He had someone to help him. You had never had anything remotely similar to a mentor.

You wondered what must it be like to be able to protect others rather than hurt them, and to know yourself well enough to have control.

Soon, however, the training came to an end. Monkey King and M.k came back inside and chatted a bit before Monkey King made an odd suggestion.

"Hey kid I've got one last task for ya today. I need you to get to Pigsy's and see how fast you can get back here without using your staff."

"Ohoho yeah! On it!" M.k shouted before dashing off.

"Now then." Monkey King said turning to you with a serious look. "That will give us some time to talk."