Syntax x Spider Queen's daughter reader

"I brought food guys." You mentioned attempting to navigate down the slick slope into your mother's lair. You stumbled here and there and your hands were full. This made your balance limited.

"Allow me to assist you, my princess." Syntax held out his arms. His metallic legs stabbed into the rocks around you causing you to flinch a little.

To be honest, you had fallen for Syntax before your mother had... altered him. You still remembered the day you had come home from work, eager to see him. When his screams assailed your ears, you had ran to help. But it was too late.

Since then, you had been terrified of him. You weren't sure if it was still Syntax. So you'd kept your distance.

"Princess?" His voice shook you from your thoughts and you jumped slightly.

His green eyes studied your reactions and his lips tugged downward in a worried frown.

"Heh you know she's scared of you, Mr. Know-it-all."

Syntax glared over his shoulder at Huntsman. Whom watched you two's exchange with pure amusement. "If the Queen sees you harassing her, you're as good as-"

"It's alright, Huntsman." You informed him quickly.

They both stared at you for a moment.

Slowly, you moved close enough for Syntax to reach.

With a small grin he lifted you bridal style and climbed down the wall effortlessly.

Unaccustomed to the height and movements you tensed and hugged closer to Syntax. Who, without your notice, smirked smugly.

"It's alright, my Princess." He soothed. "I wouldn't drop you." He muttered the last comment near your ear and your cheeks exploded into a red hue.

You looked away and stared at the ground as he placed you down. Everyone took their food and you ate silently. Normally, you would stay in your room to avoid your mother's insane plots, but today was different. Today you wanted to...watch from a distance.

As you ate a dumpling you watched Syntax typing away at a computer, study some blueprints then go back to typing.

You studied his lime green hair, purple skin and reflective eyes. He was still very intimidating, but not nearly as much so, now that you studied him closer.

It was that moment his gaze flicked back over his shoulder and locked onto yours. A smirk tugged at his lips when he addressed you.

"You've been staring for a while, princess. May I be of some service to you?"

Your heart skipped a beat and you looked away quickly.

"N-no. Sorry."

Syntax cocked an eyebrow at you and placed down his work.

"Princess," He began walking over to you with his hands behind his back. "Lately, you've been rather quiet around me. You've been avoiding my presence, and you will hardly glance at me."

You squirmed slightly in your seat as he stood over you.

"I didn't wish to press, but I am beginning to worry. Do you think I would hurt you?" He leaned a little closer to you bending at the waist.

Your cheeks burned and you desperately sought for answers in your mind. Except, you were far too twitterpated to think.

"I-I... Well that is...you-" You stammered trying not to look at him.

Syntax watched you patiently. A slow smirk gradually building on his lips.

The look only made your face redder.

"I-I don't know?" You questioned looking up at him hopefully.

Syntax chuckled.

"Flustered, are we?" He leaned extra close and your cheeks exploded a deep scarlet. "That's a yes. Don't tell me you have a crush, princess."

"A crush?" Spider Queen demanded from the doorway. "On who?" She walked forward quickly.

Syntax backed away falling to a knee in a bow.

"To be honest I am unsure, my Queen."

Your mother put her hands on her hips staring at you.

"Well?!" She asked impatiently.

"N-no one mama." You stammered quickly. "Syntax was only worried about a boy at school, that's all."

Spider Queen hummed thoughtfully.

"Well done, Syntax." She praised turning to him. "Y/n is far too young for men." She cooed in a baby voice cupping your cheek.

"Mom, I'm old enough to go to college. Besides, I'd have good taste." You stole a small glance at Syntax.

He caught your glance and grew a hidden smirk keeping his head bowed.

"Aw I know you're eager, baby. But no, you're not ready yet." Your mother refused shaking her head.

"If you say so." You agreed knowing your mother would insist. You walked to your room and closed the door with a sigh. Just then your phone buzzed a bit.

You pulled it from your pocket. The screen bugged and glitched. You frowned and waited till your mother retired for the day. Then you slipped out of your room and knocked on Syntax's lab door.

"Come in." He called.

You opened the door and saw him at a work table. But instead of working, he was leaned back in his chair one leg resting on the other.

"Evening, princess. How may I be of service?" He asked with a smile.

"Well my phone was bu-" just then realization dawned on you. "You hacked my phone!" You accused.

Syntax smirked.

"Well we were having a conversation that went unfinished. Besides I am not positive about your little crush, but I have a hunch." He shrugged as he stood and walked over. "And you know what they say, princess." Gently, he took your phone from your hand and instead pressed a small thornless rose into your palm. "In for a penny, in for a pound."

He threw you a grin as he turned, his coat flaring up from the motion. Then he walked back to the worktable. And began fixing your phone.

Slowly, you looked at the rose. Then with a small smile you closed the lab door, and walked over to the table. It had been a long time since you had, but what could it hurt? You hopped up and sat on the work table, watching him work his mechanical wonders.