Monkey King x reader new dimension part 2

M.k carried you on his back, then used his staff to get to flower fruit mountain. Next, you two hiked up the mountain together chatting here and there.

"So you are the Monkey King's successor?" You asked.

"Yeah. Heh heh." M.k chuckled rubbing at his neck. "And you think you're from another dimension?"

You nodded.

"Or dreaming."

M.k chuckled.

"Not likely."

You shrugged.

"Well flower fruit mountain doesn't exist in my world so, I can't be at home."

M.k released an exhausted breath as you two reached the peak of the mountain.

"Well here we are."

You looked around, taking in the beauty of the mountain and the plant life. Suddenly, you saw three baby monkeys jumping up and down. Reaching for bananas in vain as they were too high to reach.

"Awww." You cooed.

The monkeys paused and looked at you frightendly. They froze in place but you kept your distance.

Instead of coming near, you picked a banana from a nearby tree. Then knelt down opening the banana, and holding out a piece.

"Uhh y/n? The Monkey King is this way."

"I know. " You said sweetly. "I just need a little while they looked so hungry."

Slowly, the babies came near and the boldest snatched the first piece from your hand.

You giggled and broke off another piece offering it as well.

A second monkey reached out slowly, keeping it's eyes on you warily.

You remained still so not to spook the monkey.

It took it gently and immediately started to eat.

The last monkey took several minutes but did finally take the food offered. After that you all became fast friends. The baby monkeys chittered and played with you jumping on your shoulders and cuddling you.

You giggled happily playing with them gently before you heard him speak.

"Who's your friend, kid?"

You jumped a bit and turned suddenly. The baby monkeys paused but none seemed to fear the Monkey King. Whom of which, stood next to M.k. A smirk tugged at his lips and he was studying you with a raised eyebrow.

"This is Y/n." M.k responded simply.

"They seem to like you." Monkey King pointed out with a grin.

"U-Uhm. They were hungry....I didn't mean to...I couldn't just-"

Monkey King chuckled.

"I know, I know. Look, I'm gonna come clean. Um... I've been kinda watchin' you."

M.k frowned annoyedly.

"Again?"

Monkey King shrugged.

"I wanted to see how it would play out." He offered you a hand.

You took it and he pulled you to your feet then walked around you in a slow circle.

"So what's a beautiful girl like you doing here with my successor?"

Your cheeks exploded into a blush.

"I-I-I- y-you oh my goodness." You stammered before burying your crimson face in your hands.

M.k grabbed Monkey King's shoulder.

"Monkey King, Macaque tried to kidnap her."

Monkey King froze then turned to M.k folding his arms and raising an eyebrow.

"Why?"

M.k shrugged.

"Neither of us know. And she says she's from another dimension. Do you have any idea what's going on?"

Monkey King held his chin in thought and hummed.

"I'll have to look into it. Do some good old research. But...she is gonna need a place to stay."

You had begun to breathe normally again and let your hands drop. You were about to return to the conversation when M.k spoke.

"She could stay here with you!"

Your face went right back to crimson.

Monkey King chuckled at your reaction.

"I don't think that'll work, kid. She wouldn't last a day out here." He sent you a knowing grin.

This only made your blush darken that much more.

M.k thought for a couple minutes.

"I could ask Mei?"

You nodded almost pleadingly.

M.k groaned as he looked back towards the city.

"Then we came here for nothingggg!"

M.k got ready to carry you on his back again but Monkey King shook his head.

"Don't worry, kid. I'll carry her this time."

M.k looked between you two with a suspicious look before halting on you.

"You ok with that, y/n?"

You felt butterflies explode in your stomach at the suggestion. So, when M.k asked, you could only nod.

"Ok see ya there." M.k shouted before jumping off the mountain.

Monkey King watched him leave then offered you his hand.

"Hate to break it to ya, but the cloud is pretty small I'll have to keep you close. That alright?"

Your lips tugged down at the corners turning into an annoyed frown.

"I feel like you withheld that information on purpose."

"Who? Me? Never." Monkey King wore a smug grin that you deemed entirely unrepentant.

"I guess that's alright." You took his hand. "How exactly are we-"

Monkey King tugged you against him with a grin.

"Hold on tight."

Before you could speak a cloud appeared under the pair of you and took off.

You squeaked and buried your face in his chest on instinct.

Monkey King chuckled.

"Don't worry, I won't drop ya. C'mon take a look around."

You slowly peeked around and gasped at the feeling of flying. If felt so freeing to have the wind in your hair. The sights were breathtaking, but you accidentally looked down.

A terrible mistake, as it made your stomach turn. And caused panic rake up your nerves. You tensed and gripped the Monkey King tighter.

"Ergh! Easy kid." Monkey King lifted your chin gently so your grip eased. "Rule one of flying; never look down."

"Sorry. Did I hurt you?"

Monkey King snickered lightly.

"No, just distracted." He gave you flirtatious smile.

Your cheeks turned ablaze at the look and you glanced away.

Soon you two came to Pigsy's noodles and the Monkey King helped you step off the cloud just as Mei ran out to greet you.

"Y/n! I talked with my parents they said you can stay with us until you get a place of your own!" She exclaimed.

You smiled thankfully.

"Thank you, Mei. I really appreciate it."

Mei grinned.

"It'll be fun to have a new roomie."

Meanwhile a shadowy figure watched from a nearby rooftop. He grinned as his eyes shone a malevolent violet.

"And a perfect way to know exactly where you are, Liánhuā."