Macaque x nine tailed reader

Macaque landed on y/n's balcony without a sound. Today had been long and frustrating at best. He was excited to see his girlfriend.

He pushed open the doors and stepped inside with a grin. Which slowly disappeared as quiet whimpers  touched his ears.

Macaque walked to y/n's room only to pause once he stood in the doorway. Y/n laid on her bed. Her back to him crying quietly. Her ethereal silver ears quivered and her tails curled around her waist.

"Y/n?" Macaque inquired gently.

You flinched and sat up quickly.

"Macaque!" You wiped at the tears streaming down your cheeks hurriedly. "I-I didn't realize you were coming so soon! Sorry I-"

"Kid." Macaque sat next to you. "What's bothering you?"

Slowly, your ears flattened against your head. You petted your tails unable to look at him. You had been training for months to learn magic. Macaque had been there every step of the way. But last night had been a disaster.

When a Ninetails came of age they were to preform a ceremony to prove their place in the family. And you couldn't imagine a worse night.

"It would just...be easier to show you?" You held out your hands for Macaque to take.

Memories were difficult to voice. And the trauma they brought would often stop you both from speaking altogether. So, you two would memory share at times. Purple and silver magic would combine and you would visit each other's past.

Macaque took your hands gently and his eyes flickered to that shade of purple you adored.

"I'm ready whenever you are, lotus."

With a deep breath you closed your eyes and let him in.

You both stood in the living room of your parents house and he squeezed your hands as the memories began to unfold.

"Y/n you'll be amazing stop stressing!" Your older sister groaned.

You paced the living room of your parents' home silently. You hadn't meant to be distracting or annoying, but it appeared that was the effect you seemed to have regardless of what you did. 

"S-Sorry." You stammered forcing yourself to hold still. "It's just Mom and Dad are so tense. What if I mess this up?"

Your sister sighed and stood.

"Y/n listen. You conjure ethereal flame, and put it in a metal pot -"

"Cauldron actually." You corrected quietly.

"Whatever. Anyway, it isn't complicated. You are talented, you look beautiful, you are brave, and brilliant. You can do this. You will do this." She offered you a gentle smile. "And I'll be right there watching you shine."

Suddenly, you felt much better and you gave her a nervous smile.

"Thank you."

"Of course, squirt." She replied when the grandfather clock rang out loudly. "It's time. Come on." Your sister enthused walking down the stairs.

You sucked in a breath and followed soon after.

The basement living room was filled with your relatives and family friends. They were all gathered by a giant cauldron. It was almost funny. Every ceremony you had attended prior never made the cauldron seem so intimidating.

You made your way over and just as you summoned the flame everything went wrong.

The flame fizzled and sparked oddly. You frowned in confusion just as your sister ran towards you.

"Y/n! Put it o-" she caught your wrist and the flame exploded into her chest. Your sister screamed falling backwards.

"Y/n what have you done!" Your father shouted as your mother rushed to your sister's side.

"I-I don't know! I didn't mean- I can fix it I just-"

You reached for your sister but your father tore you away.

"You've done enough." He pulled you up the stairs and pushed you out the front door.

"Dad please listen I didn't-"

"I know what you intended." Your father interrupted holding up a hand. He blew out a sigh. "Your magic will continue to burn her if you're here wether you intended it or not that is how ethereal flame works. Go home."

With that he shut the door. But your ears caught him muttering.

"How could we have made such mistake."

That cut too deeply. You shut down the memory abruptly. And when you opened your eyes you could feel the tears streaming down your cheeks.

"Lotus.." Macaque near whispered. His eyes held sympathy and an unspoken apology.

That only made your tears fall faster and you broke into sobs curling into your knees.

"He thinks I'm a mistake." You whispered.

Macaque pulled you into his chest and you felt his tail curl around your lower back.

"That was his mistake. You are a precious gift Y/n."

"I hurt her." You whimpered.

"It was an accident." Macaque soothed  petting down your hair. "It's alright, ethereal burns ache for a few hours but they fade quickly. Especially with how fast you pulled back."

That eased the pain some and you gently tugged his scarf.

"Can we just stay in today? I don't feel up to training." You murmured once he rose an eyebrow at you.

Macaque chuckled.

"Yeah movie day sound good?"

Your ears perked up slightly and you nodded.

Macaque stood and lifted you bridal style heading to the couch.

The rest of the day you two cooked together and watched movies. You played board games and he would flirt to help you smile when the memories burned especially.

After dinner you had turned on your favorite movie and curled into him. Then after about 30 minutes in, you fell asleep snuggled into Macaque's chest.

Slowly, he clicked off the T.v and set you into your bed. He turned off the lights then slipped out your window.

His eyes flickered purple as he made his way to your parents' house. Unbeknownst to you, that incident had not been an accident. Someone had meddled with your flame. And Macaque knew exactly who it had been.

His tail flicked as he landed on their roof. The person who had hurt you so badly was going to die tonight.