Sandy x reader improvement

You fingered the cuffs of your long sleeved jacket as your therapist offered you a notebook.

"It's alright and normal to be hesitant to talk about past relationships, dear." She assured gently. "Your pain is real and valid. For now I want you write down when you're feeling as though your emotions aren't real. Write everything that comes to mind. It will help the emotions seem more real because there's physical evidence."

You nodded slowly and gingerly took the notebook.

Her alarm went off just then and she turned to halt the alarm.

"Alright, our session is finished but if you'd like to add anything you are welcome to."

You shook your head staring at the notebook.

"That's perfectly alright. I'll see you next week y/n." She smiled at you so kindly.

You couldn't help but offer a shy smile in return and walk from the therapist's office.

"Now Sandy, remember what I told you about yoga and tea." A therapist in the next door office spoke to a giant man as he walked out.

"Alright doc." The man named Sandy responded with a doubtful tone. "If you say so."

You halted in the hallway keeping your distance. The man was gigantic and you knew all too well what most men with such a fighting physique could do to hurt you.

Unfortunately, the man saw you staring and glared at you.

"What are you looking at?!" He demanded angrily leaning towards you.

You flinched away and forced your eyes to the floor. You didn't mean to, really you didn't. But frightened tears spilled down your cheeks and your body tremored.

Instantly the office fell silent for you. Memories of past abuses flared in your mind and you froze trying to process everything. You heard distant voices speaking in angry and warning tones.

Just then a gentle voice saved you from your thoughts.

"Hey."

You flinched hard but looked up.

The giant man was on one knee and looked genuinely worried.

"I apologize for earlier. I wasn't thinking. Can you breathe for me for a bit?"

Part of you wanted to run, to yell back at him, maybe even hit him. But the stronger part of you wanted to believe the kind look in his eyes. Slowly, you nodded and allowed the man to take your hand.

He put gentle pressure inside your palm.

"My therapist told me this can help you take your mind off bad places." He informed before looking into your eyes gently. "Can you breathe in for four seconds?"

You nodded and sucked in for four seconds.

"Now hold it for seven seconds." Sandy instructed.

You obeyed.

"Ok, breathe out for eight seconds."

You allowed the air to slip through your lips, but all the while your eyes focused on his. Somehow his gaze eased your mind and pressed away the bad memories.

"There, see?" Sandy praised with a smile.

A round of applause snapped your from your trance and shot your attention to his therapist.

"Well handled, Sandy. Although next time we will talk about your knee jerk reactions."

Sandy rubbed the back of his neck shyly.