Monkey King x Mother figure reader

"I'm really ok." M.k promised rubbing the back of his neck while you bandaged his head.

"Bloody and bruised is NOT ok M.k." You scolded him firmly folding your arms.

"Sorry mom- I mean!" M.k gasped covering his mouth in shock. His cheeks glowed with an embarrassed heat.

You froze and smiled with a touched grin.

"Aww you see me as your mom?" You asked gently.

M.k looked around panickedly.

"U-Uhm."

"Heh, don't make him answer that." Monkey King interrupted leaning on the doorway with his ankles crossed.

M.k blew out a breath of relief and dashed from the room as you turned to Monkey King.

"Why not?" You folded your arms with a frown.

"He was embarrassed enough." Monkey King shrugged before pressing off the door frame with a shoulder.

"There's nothing wrong with being seen as a mother figure." You stated with a warning tone. Almost hoping for him to try an argue.

"Course not, peaches. It's just embarrassing to admit for the kid."

You huffed annoyedly.

"I don't see why you think that's embarrassing."

Monkey King paused.

"Don't tell me you're upset."

"Ok, I won't." You turned and walked from the room heading outside.

Monkey King followed you.

"I don't find anything embarrassing about it, peaches." He promised as you picked up your bag. "Actually, I think it's very becoming of you."

You froze in the middle of looking through your bag.

"You do?" You glanced over your shoulder with a risen brow.

Monkey King nodded and took your hand gently guiding you to turn and face him.

"I'm glad you take good care of the kid. Honestly, sometimes he needs your comfort. And I-" Monkey King rubbed the back of his neck. "I don't think I help him as much as you do sometimes."

You smiled at the genuine compliment and kissed his cheek.

"He does see you as a father figure you know." You pointed out.

Monkey King froze for a minute.

"Are you sure?"

You nodded with a giggle.

"He's told me so." You confirmed trying to keep the laughter at bay while you watched pure joy unfold on Monkey King's features.

"Well that's perfect, isn't it?" Monkey smirked. "So, that must mean he knows you're mine." His tail snaked around your hips and tugged you against his chest.

Your cheeks ignited and you smiled pressing a kiss to his cheek.

*Sorry for it being short. I couldn't find anything to work for this. This was suggested by lonely_weirdreader*