Monkey King x timid reader

"Sun no." You mumbled pulling out of his grip on your wrist.

Monkey King paused glancing back at you.

"Peaches-"

"They're not going to like me." You whispered rubbing your arm. "I'm not powerful, or cool, I'm...not even pretty." You muttered feeling tears sting your eyes.

"Hey!" Monkey King snapped grabbing your chin. "No one calls my girlfriend ugly. Take it back."

A blush formed on your cheeks but you shook your head stubbornly.

"Ohoho is that how you wanna play this?" He asked growing an evil grin.

Your gut sank and you backed up a bit.

"U-Uhm."

Monkey King folded his arms.

"I'll give you a 10 second head start."

You took off in a run down the mountain and scampered up a tree. You laid low in it's branches hiding.

Monkey King stood under the tree in a blink and glanced around.

"Hidin' huh?" He mused thoughtfully. "That's real cute, Peaches. Only one problem with that-" With a firm hit to the base of your tree, you fell from the branches into his waiting arms. His eyes shone with a golden glow. "I have eyes of truth remember?"

You squeaked and squirmed in his arms.

"Put me down! Sun!" You giggled as he walked over to a pond. "No, no, no, no!" You chanted as he curled his tail around your middle and hoisted you over the pond. With one movement he could easily drop you, and soak you in the cold water.

"Now," He grinned. "There's that little matter of you insulting my girlfriend."

"Don't you dare!"

"Oho I dare alright, Peaches. So, you can either take it back, or go for a swim." He tossed you up in the air and caught you just centimeters from the water's surface.

You squeaked in shock and tensed for the cold only for his tail to catch you.

"Ok! Ok! I take it back." You caved.

"Oh good." Monkey King mused with a wide smile. "Well while I've got you here-"

"Oh no." You groaned.

"I might be more inclined to put you on solid ground if you gave me a kiss." He smirked at you.

Your cheeks warmed hotly and you hid your face in your hands.

"O-ok."

"What was that?" Monkey King teased pulling you very close. "Didn't quite catch that."

"O-ok." You giggled a bit louder.

"That's my girl." Monkey King praised putting you down and pulling you against his chest gently. That was when you leaned into his kiss.