Azure x reader memories

Your giggles stole your breath as you raced down the mountain side only to feel an arm around your waist tug you backwards against a firm chest.

A low chuckle sounding near your ear.

"Surely, you didn't think you could outrun me."

You laughed feeling the man who held you so close rest his head on your shoulder.

"Of course not. But the game is more fun when I try."

The man released his hold on your waist only to guide you in a graceful twirl.

"I suppose you're correct as always." He said lovingly.

You went to look at him but that instant lightning struck awaking you from your dream with a violent jolt upward.

You glanced around then sighed annoyedly. This dream had haunted you for years now. Only bits more being revealed every time you dreamt it. Your mysterious suitor you had never once seen but he was a constant in this reoccurring dream often just beyond your sight.

He seemed more familiar than you could place though. Despite knowing you had never met him, something seemed so constant.

"Mm y/n you good?" Mei asked groggily as she sat up in her sleeping bag. She had slept over since she was going to 'enlist you' to fight the new bad guy. But she'd arrived late so you two would leave in the morning.

"Huh. Yeah Mei I'm fine." You murmured. Realizing your cheeks felt like they were on fire.

"Wait. Why are you all red then?" Mei asked confusedly.

You started a bit. Before getting out of bed.

"Oh I'm just overheated. I'll grab some water and be right back."

"Okie." Mei allowed a yawn to spill from her lips before settling back into bed.

You walked down stairs your mind flashing back to your dream. Of course he wasn't real but- you could almost feel his arm around your waist and his chin on his shoulder.

Feeling butterflies spark to life in your stomach you shook your head. That was ridiculous. Your parents would surely ask you to see a therapist if they'd known.

You grabbed a cup of water then walked back into your room. Mei was fast asleep.

With a sigh you realized sleep would likely not come for hours yet. Glancing at the balcony you considered stepping out for just a bit. With a touch to your cheeks you certainly hoped the night's brisk wind could cool you off.

You stepped out onto the balcony and walked to the railing and folded your arms leaning on it. You lifted your chin looking towards the skies. What could you possibly do against someone who could take on M.k and win? You weren't sure but you'd give it your all.

Just then a glimmer in the distance caught your eye and you frowned on concentration. It looked like a bird with golden wings. With a small gasp you realized it must be the demon henchmen of the bad guy Mei had told you about.

You went back inside and changed into a black outfit with a black hood, and snuck back out to the balcony. The bird seemed to be looking for something. You chanced a look back at Mei.

She'd probably want to fight him, which you had no intention of doing. You only wanted to spy on him. The more information you had on your foe the more likely you were to win.

So you jumped the railing and parkoured to the ground racing in the direction of the bird all the while keeping to the shadows.

You made it to the park before ducking into a bush. The bird was much larger than you'd initially imagined. Taller than a normal man and with sharp talons and golden wings.