Monkey King x reader (angst alert)

You you held the end of the bandages in your teeth as you reached for the scissors. A violent flinch racked your body as a crash sounded outside your door. You froze urging your ears to listen carefully for your father's footsteps.

Sure enough the drunken loud thumps headed your way. Panic roiled in your stomach and you leapt out of bed and raced to the door locking it. The knob clicked with his efforts to open the door and you backed away.

"Y/n... Open this door now." Your father ordered with a low voice.

You suddenly realized how bad that particular decision had been. He'd kill you for this. Unless... You looked out the window. You could do it. All you had to do was make it to flower fruit mountain.

Your friend wouldn't let him kill you. A slam on the door ripped you back to the present and urged a scream from you.

"I SAID OPEN THIS DOOR!" Your father roared.

Urgently you tossed what meager things you had in your school backpack after dumping out the school supplies and raced to the window.

The door behind you splintered and broke as you shoved the window open. Just then the door faltered and your father rushed at you.

You dove through the window and hit the pavement hard.

"That's it!" Your father yelled as you scrambled to your feet and took off in a run. "When I find you, you're as good as dead!"

Fear and panic pushed you to run faster. Then a motorcycle reeving spiked your fear throughout your gut. You dashed into an alleyway as your father followed you on his motorcycle.

He gained on what little lead you had earned with the window stunt. You barely escaped a grab he made for you by dashing through a small crevice which ripped off what bandages you had on your wounds. This caused them to bleed openly once again, but the adrenaline pushed you anyway.

The moment you got out of the crevice you climbed a fire escape and jumped from the close buildings but your could still hear your father's engine far too close to slow down.

Not long into your midnight escape you saw the beach and a terrible realization dawned. You had no boat, you would have to swim, then make it over the volcanic ring. You would never make it.

You leapt off a fire escape and headed to the beach. If you were fast enough, maybe you could swim far enough out that your father would give up. But just as you got close enough to wade into the water, your father caught your arm.

"Caught you! You little-"

"ENOUGH!" Monkey King yelled grabbing your father by the back of his collar and throwing him back.

"M-Monkey King!" You stammered as he stepped Infront of you protectively.

Your father stumbled to his feet with a shocked look.

And you saw Monkey King grind his teeth revealing his fangs.

"You are very lucky I have to take care of her first." He growled lowly. "I'll give you one chance to leave. Don't make the mistake of letting me see you again."

Your father backed away then ran rapidly.

Monkey King took in a deep breath then turned to you.

"Monkey King I- I-" You stammered trying to find the right words. But the only thing that came was the exhaustion and pain you had ignored. Tears brimmed in your eyes. "I'm sorry." You whimpered.

Monkey King grew a shocked and worried look. He pulled you against him cradling your head with a hand.

"Peaches, you have nothing to apologize for. I'm just glad you're ok." He hugged you tightly and you burst into sobs curling into his hold.

Monkey King allowed you to cry for a few minutes then glanced at your wounds.

"Ouch. Those look painful. C'mere." He lifted you bridal style and jumped on his cloud. He flew you all the way to flower fruit mountain then set you gently on his bed. "Wait here, and hold still." He instructed gently.

He took a cloth from a cupboard and dipped it in a bucket of water then walked back to you cleaning your wounds carefully.

As time passed, you found the silence uncomfortable so you decided to ask a question that had been bothering you.

"How did you find me? And how did you know I was in trouble in the first place?"

Monkey pulled up a stool and sat before applying a stinging ointment to your wounds.

You hissed but mostly tried to remain still as he spoke.

"Well, I heard your scream and I rushed over there. Then I used my eyes of truth to find you." He explained winding the bandages over your cuts and scrapes. "I actually found you before but uh, heh you're a pretty fast runner, Peaches." He winked up at you earning him a bright blush.

"Thank you for saving me." You mumbled staring at the bandages.

"You're welcome." Monkey responded with a grin. "So, looks like you're staying here for a while."

"What?!" You gasped. Your head snapped up.

"Yuuup." Monkey announced looking proud of himself. "I've decided. You're basically my prisoner until you heal entirely. No need to thank me."

"Thank you?!" You scoffed.

"You're welcome." Monkey King teased leaning close to you with a smirk. "Now, get some rest. Tomarrow you're starting training."

"What?!"

"Can't have that father of yours comin' back and hurting you while I'm busy. So we'd best teach you some skills of your own." Monkey King explained before grabbing some extra blankets. He glanced at your shocked and almost scared expression. "Aww c'mon kid. It won't be so bad. It'll be over before you know it-" He set the blankets down beside you. "Besides, I'll behave." He assured you with a wink. "Well mostly."

You blushed and burst into giggles.

"You flirt!"

Monkey King chuckled and walked out the door.

"Sleep well, kid. I'll be on the couch if you need anything."

You situated the bed and laid down as he shut the door. But the moment the portal closed his smile vanished.

"Now," He muttered "To take care of loose ends."

*Golly I hope this has enough angst for you all. I wanted to get your pulse pumping a bit. And some fluff in too. This was requested by Nayeli748444 I hope you enjoyed it!!*