Red Son x hostage reader

"Not eating will only make you weaker, peasant girl." Red Son challenged folding his arms.

You turned away stubbornly. For all you knew he had poisoned the food. And it didn't matter anyway. You'd missed meals before.

"You've got to be kidding me. This is the third meal you've refused. You're going to kill yourself."

You shot him a cold glare over your shoulder then turned away once again.

"Atleast answer me, dang it!"

You refused to even turn this time. Red Son had kidnapped you, to lure your cousin Mei and your mutual friend M.k into a trap.

Yet, Something was odd about it. From what you could tell, he hadn't sent a ransom to your father or, far more likely, your uncle. And he was being rather generous. Fretting over your refusal to eat being only one of the many oddities at play.

Still, you held your tongue. Hoping perhaps your silence would urge him to give you some type of understanding as to why he had taken you.

Mei had been right there! Her father was far wealthier, M.k and her were closer, and you and Tang had a running bet to see when Red Son would finally tell Mei he had a crush on her. So why take you?

"Fine!" Red son snapped suddenly.

His outburst made you flinch slightly.

"You sit here and be stubborn. I am going to handle that nuisance of a 'hero'."

Red son slammed the door behind him with a growl and marched to his room. Slamming his door with just as much force, he glared at it a moment before he deflated.

This was not the way to get into y/n's good graces. And yet he couldn't find any better ideas. And that wretched Noodle boy was supposed to have come for her by now! And he hadn't. Had he miscalculated?

No. The noodle boy was too 'heroic' to simply leave y/n to any villain's mercy. Although heaven knew 'mercy' she would hardly require from him. A simple smile would crack his resolve.

Red son groaned burying his face in his hands. His mother had been right. He was like his father. Soft for his intended.

But y/n wasn't his intended. Atleast not anymore. Red son's mind wandered back to the day he learned of his betrothal and this whole situation has escalated out of control.

"My what?! M-mother, you can't be serious." Red son stammered following Princess Iron Fan to the dining table.

"I'm perfectly serious, Red son." Princess Iron fan responded cooly taking her designated seat. "You know very well my options were, at best, limited after your father was taken from us." She explained massaging her brow. "A betrothal seemed....promising to your future. And the family was a close friend of your father and I. When they had a daughter.... Well the timing was almost perfect."

Red son took his seat mutely a concerned frown tugging at his lips.

"And when you two became friends in your early childhood, I thought perhaps it could blossom into...more." Princess Iron fan shot him a knowing look.

Red Son's cheeks burned and he stiffened in his seat.

"Mother....you don't mean-"

Princess Iron Fan nodded.

"I mean y/n l/n. She seemed a good match for you. Don't think I didn't notice how often you attempted to impress her." Princess Iron Fan's lips curled up into a smirk on one side.