Macaque x silver tongue reader

Macaque studied the scene thoughtfully. As y/n sat next to tang.

"What if....I don't bring anything to the team?" He asked cleaning his glasses.

"Mr. Tang how can you say that?" She asked touching his shoulder. "You bring you. We like you. You don't need to have powers or something exceptional to the team to be wanted."

"But-" tang sighed and handed her a paper. "He didn't even put me in the picture."

Y/n's gaze slipped over the paper and for a moment she went quiet.

Macaque leaned closer raising a brow. There it was. The truth. How would she ease away the pain of this?

After a moment she offered the picture back to tang.

"Mr. Tang if I recall correctly m.k had tossed out at least fifty of those crumbled papers. All of which has some version of you. Which tells me he just didn't know how to make you look the way he wanted. And as far as art goes why would you try so hard to draw someone, and so many times, when you didn't want them in the final piece?"

Macaque's eyebrows rose.

Tang smiled a bit and after the two of them talked a bit Tang walked away.

Macaque frowned. How did she do that? Tell the truth to fix the truth? He shook his head. That made no sense. He turned to look at her for a moment only she was gone.

"It's rude to eavesdrop." Her voice came behind him.

Macaque swiveled only to pause and chuckle at your jest.

"Yeah well. Sneaking up on people isn't too kind either."

You smiled and nodded.

"And yet you persist to do that very thing."

Macaque's smile failed him as he walked over to you.

"How did you do that?"

You blinked.

"Do what?"

Macaque thought for a moment.

"I wouldn't say Tang is useless but-" he cut himself off.

"But?" You urged raising a warning eyebrow.

A sigh escaped him and Macaque folded his arms leaning against a nearby wall.

"Tang brings little to nothing to the group. So how did you still make him feel like a contributing member by just....existing? That can't be enough."

You blinked.

"Tang is our friend Macaque."

Macaque scoffed bitterly.

"Oh come on-"

"I mean it. Friendships aren't just transactional." You stepped up to him and touched his shoulder gently. "Tang has been there when he was needed....that's enough." You smiled at Macaque. "And so are you."

Macaque stared at you a moment looking almost awestruck before he shook his head with a rueful smile.

"You don't mean that. I mean come on." Macaque stepped around you his black tail curled around your left forearm and urged you to rotate it slowly. So your inner arm faced upwards revealing a long scar. "Look what I did to you. And that doesn't include all the bruises."

You stared at the scar for a moment your mind flashing back to when Macaque reforged the Samadhi Fire and his ice slitting your arm from your elbow to your wrist.

You shook your head to clear away the memories. And instead focused now on his tail gently curled around your arm.

"It's funny you mention that." You smiled wistfully. "Almost like you're reminding yourself....not me."

Macaque's tail bristled slightly at the observation and you smiled.

"You're so busy torturing yourself over your past mistakes you don't seem to get that...no body else is using that against you."

Macaque stared at you for a moment and pulled his tail away looking almost guilty for having reminded you. But you touched his left hand and then took hold of it gently.

"You know m.k told me you said sometimes you need to talk things out. And yet you don't do it. Maybe you should."