Macaque's Welcome

*It has been brought to my attention that I made several of you cry with my last story. I had to write it. But for your sakes I continued this piece. Without further Ado enjoy!

"Don't leave." You whimpered into Macaque's scarf softly. "Please...I need you."

"Kid, I'm not going anywhere." Macaque assured you with a small laugh. "I'll be right here when you need me."

Your head shot up from your pillow as your alarm screeched next to you. You pressed the off button to quiet the infernal racket. With a small click the room was plunged into silence. You sat numbly for a few minutes before realization dawned.

It was only a dream.

"You liar." The whispered words stung your heart far more than you thought they could. And with them was a fresh stream of tears. But you stood despite them. You had work and they wouldn't wait for you.

You allowed the tears to slip down your cheeks as you got ready. Just as you reached for the door handle something made you glance at the balcony.

No one stood outside waiting for entry and your heart felt as though it might rip in two all over again. With a deep breath, you painted on your best fake smile, and stepped out the door way.

Work was boring and uneventful as usual until just before your shift ended. Just before you clocked out a man with purple skin and green hair entered the building.

"Good evening, princess." He greeted with an evil smile. With a snap from the odd man the entire building went on lockdown.

You flinched and got to a stand as he closed the distance between you.

"I was told this is the place to look for a specific core processor." He mentioned taking a hold of your arm. "And I think you're perfect for helping me find it."

His grip was painfully tight and you went to scream, but were interrupted when the room filled with black shadows.

"Oh she's perfect alright."

Macaque's voice filled your ears.

"And she's mine." Macaque appeared behind the man and spoke only once more through a dangerous grin. "So get your hands off her now."

The man released you in shock. in turn, you yelped as the ground under you vanished into a void and you fell through.

In a moment you were caught bridal style by Macaque in your apartment.

"Miss me, kiddo?"