Nezha x shy reader

You pressed at the heavy door with all your might making it move slowly. Although, picnic basket hung on your arm gave you no aid on your mission. Your father, a powerful heavenly warrior had offered your service to the heavenly hosts as you were a wonderful cook taught by chang'e.

You were to bring meals to the lotus prince as he guarded the map to the samadhi fire. And while your dear father had so graciously offered your services, you had not wanted to agree.

But you had been much too shy to say anything contrary so here you were. The door finally opened enough for you to slip through and you stumbled forward nearly falling on your face.

You righted yourself only be met with the business end of a spear. You jumped and froze as the Lotus prince addressed you with a glare.

"You are not authorized to be here. Who are you?"

You held up the basket slowly.

Which only made him raise an eyebrow.

"I- I was tasked with bringing you food." You explained quickly staring at the floor. "Here." You offered the basket without meeting his gaze.

The lotus prince lowered his spear.

"I apologize. I was not aware. Forgive me." He bowed and you felt your cheeks ignite. He really did have good manners and he wasn't unattractive.

In an instant he stood straight.

"You must leave now, but I thank you for your service."

You nodded and stumbled back before leaving hurriedly. Once you had escaped the threshold you let your back lean against the door. Your heart beat sounded in your ears and your cheeks burned.

Maybe this duty wouldn't be so bad after all. And maybe tomarrow you could bring him a baked good for being so kind...after he put down the spear that was. So you rushed down the hill to go back to your home.

The next day was difficult. More so than you expected it to be. As when you went to push open the door fear and anxiety overtook you. What if he attacked you this time? Or what if he was annoyed that it was you again?

You hesitated as these thoughts swirled around your head unsure of what to do. Then the door opened.

"Oh, it's you." The lotus prince observed.

You jumped a bit then offered him his food without a word. With a slightly bewildered look, he received the basket.

You turned to walk away when he spoke once again.

"You neglected to tell me your name yesterday."

You froze midstep and looked over your shoulder.

You responded with your name quietly.

"I'm afraid I couldn't quite hear you." The prince mentioned stepping closer.

Your heart skipped a beat. And you forced yourself to breathe.

"My name is Y/n."

The prince smirked and nodded.

"It's nice to meet you, y/n." Then he turned and allowed the door to close.

Still your heart beat erratically. His smirk haunting your thoughts as you walked home.

The next day came swiftly and you brought him his food, this time forcing yourself to push the door open before your thoughts could conjure up your anxiety.

And there he stood waiting for you with a small smile.

"It's good to see you again, y/n."

Somehow the way he spoke your name made it sound so good to hear. Like a melody.