Macaque x sensitive hearing reader

You slipped through the alleyway quietly trying to listen to the voices above the noises from the street.

"Macaque! Give me the pendant!" M.k's voice caught your attention first to the right and you halted.

Dark chuckling seemed to come from the building on the right as well. As if it was behind M.k. Yet the odd echo told you well enough Macaque was throwing his voice. That meant he was on your left.

You glanced at the ladder to the fire escape on he building to your left. Growing on a determined frown, you began climbing the ladder as silently as possible.

Macaque had been after this pendant for a while now. And as M.k's friend, you knew whatever Macaque wanted with it couldn't bode well.

You and M.k had been meaning to take the pendant to the Monkey King but M.k had insisted on showing Tang first to figure why Macaque wanted it in the first place.

So you two had headed to Pigsy's Noodles. Unfortunately, Macaque had intercepted you two. And just as he always did, M.k told you to run.

Having no powers meant you were an easy target and M.k had a paranoia that Macaque would use 'your shadow against him.' Or something to that effect. Not that you understood it.

So you had ran, around the corner then followed a few alleyways back to the scene.

This was your chance. You were going to prove you didn't need some stupid powerset to help.

And luckily for you Macaque had a penchant for monologues.

"Come on, Kid. You don't even know what it does. I'm sure ol' Monkey King won't even miss it."

His voice was echoing still, but this time it sounded as though it was coming from the other side of the alley. But once again the echo told you exactly where he really was.

You pulled yourself up onto the roof of the building keeping yourself low as his form appeared crouched on the building's lip.

You snuck behind him as he twirled the pendant. You felt your stomach twist some realizing that you had no escape plan.

Sure you could grab the pendant and run, but how likely was that to work?

You bit your lip but then a plan formed and slowly you set your mind.

It was reckless to say the least, but atleast it would give you both a chance to escape.

And before you could think about anymore reservations, you lunged for the pendant.

Your hand snatched the pendant as you flew past. The black Monkey flinched away in shock as you fell off the rooftop.

M.k gasped but reacted quickly. He used the staff to launch himself into the air to not only catch you, but pole vault you both to safety.

Once you were both inside Pigsy's Noodles you took deep breaths while M.k glared at you.

"You could have died!"

You nodded.

"Well yeah. But atleast Macaque doesn't have the pendant. And that's something, right?" You offered praying M.k would take the point and let it be.

M.k took in a deep breath and sighed.

"I'll take it to Monkey king-" he offered his hand waiting for you to hand him the necklace.

You handed it over and M.k turned.

"But this conversation is not over!" He expressed with a frown at you before stepping from the restaurant and launching away.

You sighed and got to a stand glancing at your phone.

You needed to be home before your parents freaked. So you waved goodbye to pigsy, Tang, and Mei and walked home.

The whole way you had an odd feeling. Like you were being watched, but you didn't hear anything out of the usual, so you pushed aside the paranoia.

When you arrived home the sun's last rays were slipping below the horizon. Thus plunging the world into the dark of night.

You sucked in a breath and stepped through the threshold.

"Y/n?" Your mother's concerned voice came from the kitchen and your father glanced up from the couch.

Your gut twisted as she stepped into the living room.

"Where have you been?!"

"Linda, don't start. She is fine."

"You don't know that!" Your mother snapped.

"Look at her." Your father demanded. "You always get like this-"

You speed walked to your room not wanting to hear it tonight. You pressed the door shut by leaning your weight against the sturdy oak. Taking several breaths you tried to ignore their incessant fighting.

"You never listen to her!"

"Me?! You haven't even spoken with y/n since she was in highschool."

You pressed your hands over your ears. That was the worst part about having sensitive hearing, you could always hear their fighting. And more potently, their critiques about you they thought you couldn't hear.

You walked towards your desk reaching for your noise cancelling headphones when a whistle caught your attention.

It had the odd echo you recognized as someone throwing their voice. So, while it sounded as though it was coming from the window the sound was actually coming from-

You whirled on your heel only to freeze as your gaze met Macaque's whilst he leaned against your door on his shoulder his ankles crossed.

"Interesting." He mused pressing himself upright.

"How'd you- When did-" you cut off your questions when your mind answered them for you. He'd followed you home.

"You know I don't meet many people who can hear when I'm throwing my voice." Macaque pointed out almost boredly walking around you.

"Maybe you shouldn't make it so obvious." You shot back.

"Ohoho ouch. I've been working on that for centuries." He informed you.

"We-"

You flinched as a crash made you both look at the door.

Macaque rose an eyebrow as the shouting grew in volume.

You flinched from the escalating noise as it began to make a headache ebb at your temples.

"They sure get worked up, don't they?" Macaque asked chancing a look at you.

"What do you want?" You snapped folding your arms.

Macaque's lips tugged into an evil smirk.

"I want the pendant, and you know now that you mention it-"

He snapped and two shadow clones of him leapt from your shadow and grabbed you.

"Hey! Get off!" You shouted.

"You should be the perfect bargaining chip." Macaque chuckled as the clones pulled you into the shadows, making the world around you faded to black.