Monkey King x short reader

You reached for the peach on your tippy toes and bounced a little bit. Still your fingertips only barely brushed the fuzz.

A small pout painted your features and you glanced around for something to step on.

A soft chuckle made you jump slightly.

"Need some help?" Monkey King asked leaning against a nearby tree.

You folded your arms.

"If you want to help, you don't have to be so smug about it."

Monkey King pushed himself up with his shoulder. Then sauntered over with a smirk.

"I can't help it you're just so gosh darn cute." He teased. You huffed and attempted to stomp off only to feel his tail curl around your middle and lift you into the air.

You squeaked a bit and squirmed.

"What are you doing?!" You gasped hugging his tail.

"Helping." Monkey King retorted with a nod at the peach.

You looked up and realized the peach was now within your reach. You reached for it with a hesitant glance at Monkey King. He chuckled and nodded encouragingly. So, you plucked the peach and munched on it happily.

The next day had been a difficult one. You marched into your apartment and slammed the door.

"Whew someone's cranky." Monkey King commented behind you.

Your shoulders tensed, having been entirely unaware of his presence.

"Yeah well.." you mumbled speed walking towards the bathroom only for his tail to catch your wrist.

"Ah ah." Monkey King chided tugging you towards him. Once you had stumbled close enough, he inspected your knuckles. They were cracked and bleeding as you had gotten into a fight at school. "Another fight, eh?" Monkey King inquired tugging you to the couch where your first aid kit was already open.

"Have you been... watching me?" You asked worriedly.

"No, but typically you and Jennifer brawl on Tuesdays so I took my chances." He sat you down on the couch and went to work on cleaning and fixing your injuries.

"We don't fight that often." You huffed.

Monkey King rose an eyebrow at you.

After a few moments of silence you huffed.

"If she'd keep her big mouth shut, it wouldn't matter!"

Monkey King chuckled at your frustration.

"Do you ever think that she might be jealous?"

You paused.

"What?"

"Well I mean look who you're dating."

You allowed your gaze to size him up.

"Maybe it's pity."

"Hey!"

His offense made your frustration evaporate and you allowed yourself a small smile.

"Are short people always so sassy?" He asked as he finished wrapping his knuckles.

"No," you acknowledged before grabbing his collar. "You just got lucky." You pressed a kiss against his lips which he happily returned.

*Sorry this is so quick. I couldn't think of much else to add. This was requested by, Penelope574. *