Monkey kings Daughter (magic)

You set the spell book down. It didn't look too complicated. It was only a glamor spell. Just an illusion. You could do this.

With a deep breath you summoned your magic to your fingertips and concentrated on the apple atop the table about two feet away.

If the spell worked correctly it would look like a peach to anyone other than you. Not so hard. And harmless.

The magic spilled from your fingertips and swirled around the apple for a moment filling the room with a golden glow.

A small smile touched your lips. Then the magic turned to an angry orange and your eyes widened. Instantly, you dropped your focus but it was too late. With a massive boom your magic exploded outwards throwing you back.

You screamed as wood splinters flew at you and covered your face. In an instant a shadow loomed over you shielding you from the debris.

After a few seconds you slowly lowered your arms.

Monkey king frowned down at you. Annoyance etched across his features.

"Y/n-" he growled only to drop the tone when tears filled your eyes.

"I'm sorry." You whispered as frustrated tears slipped down your cheeks. "It was supposed to be simple. It was supposed to be easy." Frustration gave way to disappointment. "Why can't I do anything right?" You whimpered curling in on yourself.

"Hey! You do plenty right." Monkey King soothed hugging you gently. "It was one little mishap, kiddo. That's nothing to-"

"One?!" You scoffed pushing away gently. "Dad, I've lit the house on fire  four times, had 8 explosions this week, and I nearly killed two monkeys." The tears burned much more now as the panic set in. "and the explosions just keep getting worse! Dad I'm dangerous." You cried feeling his tail curl around you protectively.

"Whoa now. That's unfair, chimp. You're not dangerous. I can handle a few explosions. And most of the monkeys are immortal anyway."

You rubbed the back of your hand over your eyes.

"Can't you teach me anything?" You begged hopefully looking up at Monkey King.

He recoiled some with a nervous smile.

"Oh come on kid don't look at me like that. I don't know magic."

You sniffled and hugged your knees. Maybe you could just forget about your magic and push it aside. But that felt like cutting off a piece of you. But you supposed if it protected your family, it would be ok.

"Maybe it's best if I just don't use magic."

Monkey King frowned.

"Chimp, no. You love magic. That's part of who you are."

You shook your head.

"It's too much of a risk."

Monkey King chuckled.

"Nonsense you'll be back at it within a month."

You shrugged.

As the weeks passed Monkey King began to notice y/n grew extremely quiet. Explosions ceased, and each time he entered her room he couldn't find any of her spell books that normally filled the shelves.

About three months passed before he gave up.

"Y/n we have to talk." He began when he found her reading a random book in her room.

Silently, Y/n placed down the book and offered him a smile.

"I think I know someone who can teach you." He grumbled.