Monkey King x reader new dimension part 1

"Y/n.....y/n...Y/N!" Your teacher screamed causing you to jump in your seat.

"Were you even listening?" Mr. Scalic questioned with a disapproving glare.

"Umm...not really." You answered honestly offering an apologetic smile.

Giggles and mutters erupted around you as the teacher walked over to your desk. He stopped infront of you and dropped the large book your class was currently studying on your desk with a deafening thwack.

You jumped once again and the class fell silent. Now all eyes were on you as well as all attention.

"Since you seem so unconcerned with my lesson, you must know everything there is to know about Journey to the West."

You fidgeted on your seat.

"Well I wouldn't say 'Everyth-"

"And since you assume such, you should be very comfortable answering a few of the questions I have for the exam. The exam that you just earned your classmates for tomarrow."

You shrank in your seat as groans filled the classroom. Several students shot you angry glares.

"Yes class, thanks to Y/n here, today is now a review day. The exam will have forty questions and will affect your final grade. Y/n, since you were so helpful I think you could assist me in answering a few of the questions."

You frowned up at the teacher beginning to get annoyed. Punishing you was one thing. However, punishing everyone for you simply getting distracted was plain unfair. And an exam was extreme overkill. Now he was just being a jerk. A jerk you intended to force feed his own medicine.

"Ok."

"Excellent. What is the Monkey King's name?"

"Sun Wukong." You answered directly without a second to think.

Your teacher's eyebrows raised in shock. A few of your peers giggled.

"What was Tripitaka a reincarnation of?"

"The golden cicada."

Your teacher grew an annoyed look and folded his arms.

"What was the village of women called?"

"Women's kingdom is the direct translation." You responded trying not to show how smug you felt.

The bell rang just before your teacher could speak again. He looked downright angry now. You grabbed your book bag and bolted into the hallway and headed to the exit.

School was finally over and you intended to get home before anyone could stop you. You walked to the end of the block and turned left.

While crossing the street, you started to think about journey to the west. You loved the book. And yet somehow, the moment Mr. Scalic had announced that you were studying it this semester you started to get sick of the material.

He made it so boring, and was critical about it in every way. Soon you wanted nothing more than to move on to something else before he ruined the adventures for you entirely.

"Lost are we, little lady?" A man asked grabbing your arm and shoving you into an alleyway.

You yelped when he grabbed you and stumbled at the shove. He wore a red and gray hoodie. The hood was up over his head casting a shadow over his face. The only thing you could see was the man's evil grin.

"Back off." You took off your backpack and held it at the ready. If he came too close you would swing it at him and run.

"Easy now. If you relax this will go much less painfully." The man pulled out a knife, advancing on you a couple steps.

You backed away feeling your gut twist. Knives terrified you. Your father had left you a nasty scar down your back with a knife very similar to the one the man held. You remembered how it had felt vividly. And the memory took most of your attention. So, you didn't notice when you were stepping back. But a bottle was under your foot.

The bottle rolled out from under you when you put your weight on it. You fell backwards and the bottle shot at the man. Shattering on his shin and cutting his leg deeply.

You however, didn't hit the ground. Instead you fell through a dark shadow and kept falling. Then you felt your conciousness slip away.

You awoke to voices speaking around you.

"Is she alright, Sandy?"

"Well I was able to get some of my healing tea in her. I think it will help. She doesn't have any injuries that I can see, and she's breathing. I think she will be ok."

"What do you think Macaque wanted with her?" Came a female voice.

"I don't know....but when she wakes up...maybe she can tell us."

You groaned and slowly opened your eyes. The light was harsh so you blinked against it.

"Good morning!" Chirped a girl with black hair and green streaks.

You flinched at the greeting then sat up slowly.

"Where am I?" You mumbled touching a hand to your head.

A muscular, large man helped you steady your self as your body wobbled some.

"You're safe for now miss..?" The pause indicated he was asking for your name.

"Y/n, Y/n L/n." You supplied simply. "And you all are?"

The blue man gestured to himself.

"My name's Sandy. This is Mei." He gestured to the only girl present and she waved at you with a friendly smile.

And the boy with the staff is M.k also known as the Monkey kid.

M.k rubbed the back of his neck with a nervous smile and waved.

You waved back with a smile.

"What happened?"

The group exchanged glances.

"We were hoping you could tell us." M.k said with a frown.

"All I remember is getting cornered in an alleyway and.... falling through a shadow? You mentioned questioningly.

M.k hummed.

"I caught the six eared Macaque trying to kidnap you." He explained.

"But he saved you!" Mei cheered.

"Macaque? Uhh you mean like from Journey to the west?"

M.k nodded.

You thought for a moment.

"Sandy...like the friend of the Monkey King?" You asked.

Sandy chuckled nervously.

"I wouldn't say 'friends' I uh barely know him."

You blinked a bit.

"It's official, I'm insane."

M.k cocked his head to the side and Mei frowned at you confusedly.

After a couple moments M.k stood straight.

"I should let Monkey King know about this. He might know what to do." Then he offered you a hand.

"What?"

"Don't you want to come? I thought that Monkey King could help us and then we could make sure Macaque can't hurt you again."

You stopped for a moment to contemplate. This could be a dream. And if it was you would never pass up an opportunity to meet your favorite hero. You took M.k's extended hand and allowed him to pull you to your feet.

"Lets do it."