Silver Sorceress continuation

Macaque and Monkey King explained that you were a reincarnation of an old friend of theirs. Although, this past life came with more than simply history.

"You have magic, though I confess, you never showed me the full extent of your abilities." Monkey King mused thoughtfully.

"Being too busy with fame must be such a burden on your schedule." Macaque shot with a smirk.

Macaque seemed smug the entire time keeping you closer than normal. While Monkey King on the other hand looked as though he was trying to reign in his temper.

"Would both of you cool it?" You said folding your arms. "Neither of you have to like each other but both of you have parts of my story." You shot Macaque a scolding look. "And I deserve to know all of it. Not one person's perspective."

Macaque folded his arms and leaned back against the wall falling silent. His tail flicked angrily and you sighed.

You hadn't meant to to hurt his feelings. But you couldn't stand fighting. You made a mental note to apologize later. 

Now Monkey King was smirking as he knelt next to you.

"In your past life, you had your powers completely within control by the 12." Monkey King mused with a hand to his chin. "What's different about this life?"

Macaque scoffed.

"You don't have a clue, do you?"

You rubbed at your arm nervously.

And Macaque took on a guilty look.

"I wasn't meaning you, kid."

Monkey King ignored the comment focusing on you. His eyes lit up in a golden glow and he studied you curiously.

Immediately your cheeks ignited to a cherry red.

Macaque chuckled humorlessly.

"Could you be any more creepy?"

Monkey King sat back after a few moments.

"Macaque, what exactly have you told her?"

Your friend's comments finally ceased and he only stared at you both before glancing away.

"I didn't want to overwhelm her."

Your heart cracked at the realization. Macaque was hiding your own life from you.

Monkey King scoffed.

"Or limit her knowledge to use her as a shadow puppet. Pulling the same trick you tried with M.k, are we?"

The comment sent another excruciating crack through your heart. But no, Macaque wouldn't use you, would he?

Macaque stiffened.

"Oh you'd know all about using someone wouldn't you?"

"ENOUGH!" you shouted halting the fight. "Clearly you two can't work together on this. And I won't listen to anymore fighting." You stood and signaled for them to get up.

Both Monkeys obeyed and you opened your balcony doors.

"My whole body aches from tonight, I'll talk to each of you later. And separately."

Monkey King looked worried and Macaque looked guilty.

"Kid, wait-" Monkey King reached for you.

"Please." You insisted looking away. "I need to think."

A pregnant silence filled the room, but slowly Monkey King walked out onto the balcony and used his cloud to fly away.

Macaque stepped out but vanished into the shadows.