Red Son x kitsune part 1

*sooo I think Red Son is very young. Especially by demon standards despite being hundreds of years old. So I would think that a kitsune his age would likely only have one or two tails at most. So for this story she will only have one tail.*

Red Son walked through the forest carefully. Stepping on a single branch could catch the attention of something he most certainly did not want to be noticed by. This particular forest was where many mystical creatures lived. Red Son was only after one in particular.

He dodged a branch which nearly smacked his face. He was hunting a kitsune specifically. The fox demons were known for their magic and wisdom. But mostly they were sought after for their blessings. He sought just that.

After the ordeal with the lady bone demon, his father had fallen ill. His mother had instructed him to find a kitsune and ask for it's blessing while she ensured the magical infection grew no worse.

At that moment, Red Son's foot caught on a tree root and he fell, rolling down a hill. With a growl he stood and began dusting himself off when he heard it.

A beautiful voice touched his ears. The echo floating on the wind from deeper within the forest's depths. Red Son cocked his head and rose a brow before following the voice.

The lyrics seemed to be in another language that he couldn't decipher. But the sound of it was thoughtful and full of wonder. He stepped around a tree and froze mid-step when his gaze locked on her.

Meanwhile

You knelt next to the river singing melodies you had learned from your mother when you were little.

"Your songs hold your magic." Your mother would always say with a smile.

A sketch book rested on your lap while you sang and drew the beauty of the forest surrounding you. You finished your song just as you detailed the leaves above you.

The snap of a branch jolted you from your serenity as you spun around.

"A kitsune." A man with fiery red hair and a red overcoat grinned folding his arms. "Finally."

You stumbled to your feet ready to run but the man stepped forward and a ring of flames exploded into existence surrounding you.

You jumped and the man stepped through the flames smoothly.

"Now, hand over your blessing, and I'll be on my way."

You glanced over his form with a confused look.

"You don't look sick?"

The man rolled his eyes.

"Not for me, you peasant! For my father!"

You stared at him for a moment.

"You can't just take a blessing like a letter, mister-?" You left the pause intentionally waiting for his name.

"I Red son require a kitsune's blessing for my father." He announced proudly. "The Great Demon Bull King has- ....fallen ill." His pride quickly slipped into a worried frown.

Sympathy tugged at your heart with his worried look. You frowned.

Red Son caught your look and stomped causing fire to explode from his hair.

"So, how does this blessing of yours work then?!"

You flinched away from the sparks.

"Well, I have to be next to the injured." You pointed out simply. "I would have to be next to your father."

"Well then-" Red Son grew a grin reaching for you. "You're coming with me."

Meanwhile

A man with a kitsune skin cloak inspected tracks near the river and grew a grin.

"Little far from home, aren't we?" He mused glancing at a ring of burned grass. "That'll be your last mistake." He chuckled to himself getting to a stand.

*This was requested by Beathanyisnotmyname *