Red Son x kitsune part 2

You allowed him to pull you a small ways away so the ring of fire would extinguish. The fire couldn't kill you and wasn't very harmful, but it still stung.

Once you stepped from the circle you wrenched your arm away, and ran.

Red Son growled then tackled you, sending you both rolling down a hill. You shoved him off and held your arm.

"Ugh! You twisted my arm."

Red Son laughed and stood dusting himself off.

"Heh. It is certainly not my fault. You forced my hand." Despite his small laugh he reached for you. "Give it here."

The moment his grip fastened on your arm, you launched your leg into his gut. Regardless his grip remained. You took the opportunity to put it to use and threw him into a tree.

Red's p.o.v

The air in Red Son's lungs fled with the kick to his gut. And when his back slammed into the tree trunk, his grip vanished. The fox girl took the chance to run. 

Red Son propped himself up on his elbow as his air began to return. A growl escaped him while he placed a hand to the ground. Thus igniting the forest surrounding the girl ablaze.

Your p.o.v

You gasped in horror and your hands flew up to cover your slack jaw. This part of the forest had been your refuge, your safety. And it disentigrated under the touch of the flames.

The fire demon's mocking chuckles broke your shock and replaced it with rapidly growing anger. You paused listening to him get to a stand and walk towards you.

"Nice try, but you're not getting away from me that easy." He jeered reaching for you.

Your blood began to boil with each word. How dare he enter these sacred woods and desecrate them?! How dare he attack you, or demand anything from you?

At that moment you sensed his hand mere inches away from your back. And what little resolve you held snapped. You whirled on your heel and lunged at him.

Red Son's eyes widened for a moment, but his shocked look was quickly replaced with a smirk as he side stepped your attack.

He went to speak then barely ducked under a roundhouse kick you aimed at his head. Red Son backed away as you advanced throwing punch after punch. In turn, he knocked aside each attempt with his forearms. Losing his patience, Red saw ducked under your most recent attempt, and kicked out your legs from under you.

The instant your back touched the ground, he gripped your wrists pinning them above your head.

"Fine! Fine-" Red Son chuckled the second iteration. "You want to do this the hard way? It's your funeral." He grinned and placed his hand on the ground next to you setting the grass a flame.

"No!" You screamed watching the flame spread rapidly over your home.

"Swear to help my father, and I'll extinguish them." Red Son bargained smugly.

"Fine!" You shouted struggling against his hold.

Instantly, the flames vanished and your heart sunk to see the black charred marks. The damage was done, but at least the forest could regrow with time. You shot him a glare. This could not go unpunished.  Perhaps you couldn't go back on your word. But you could still make him regret.

You uttered a curse under your breath causing a tendril if silver magic to slam into his chest.

Red Son, in turn, grasped at his chest with a pained wince. And some part of you nipped at your conscience. How did his pain sadden you so? He had deserved it! Hadn't he? Your mind turned to his last words uttered.