Sandy x Reader

Sandy drank his tea happily waiting for you to return when the door slammed loudly.

He looked up and winced when he saw you walking towards the first aid kit with a bloody lip and bruises all over your arms.

"Y/n! What happened?!"

"Got into a fight." You mumbled pulling out the first aid kit.

Sandy eased the kit away from you and took your arm gently leading you to the couch.

"Why?" He pressed gently as he went to work on your cuts and bruises.

"They called you a pansy." You grumbled darkly.

Sandy smiled at your protective anger with a touched look.

"Y/n, I appreciate you wanting to defend my honor, but you know what they say isn't important."

You sighed folding your arms.

"I-I know. It's just so unfair. You never hurt anyone. You are so kind. It isn't fair that they call you those stupid things just because you have too much self control to wreck their junk."

Sandy blushed a bit at your defensive nature on the subject and offered you some of your favorite tea.

Instantly you lit up and drank it happily.

Sandy chuckled at your instant switch.

You didn't understand entirely why he refused to fight. But it was astounding to see his strength of resilience and patience.

"Sandy?"

"Yes?"

"Why did you stop?" You whispered knowing it was a touchy subject.

Sandy stiffened but sighed when he saw your worried look.

"I saw people get hurt. And I learned that sometimes it doesn't matter how strong you are in a fight, there are just something's you can't win that way." He explained gently.

You knew there was more to the story but you were content to leave it there. He would tell you the rest someday but for now you wanted his trust more than answers.

Sandy offered you a hug.

"Maybe some cuddle time will help you feel better?"

You grinned excitedly and rushed into his open arms and cuddled him.

Sandy turned on the TV and allowed you to fall asleep in his arms.

(Sorry it's short this is my first one with sandy)