M.k x abused reader

"Oh no. No, no, no, no!" You chanted as your hand started to slip from the ledge you were hanging onto. Normally, your grip was stronger but Mei's limp body weighed significantly against your muscles.

"Dad help!" You screamed.

Your father strolled to the cliff's edge with his arms folded.

"What did I tell you about helping her? If you'd just let her go, you could pull yourself up just fine."

You tightened your grip.

"Dad, come on she's slipping." You pleaded.

"And?" Your father quirked a brow at you. "Either you'll let go and finally become the warrior I'm training you to be, or you'll fail. Just as you always do. The choice is yours."

How had this training session gone so horribly wrong? How could he put his own niece's life in your hands carelessly? Well let's go back to the beginning.

Your father was a marital artist prodigy. And for a long time he was almost undefeated. The only opponent he had ever lost to was your uncle, Mei's father.

As the eldest of the brothers, Mei's father inherited most everything your family had to offer. This left your own father bitter and angry. Both emotions he took out on you.

It hadn't begun this way, mind you. The day of your birth was a joyous occasion to your entire family. Your father especially. He was ecstatic to begin training you to be the best martial artist there was. Better even, than your uncle.

You had started training at the age of 5 and you had disappointed your father ever since. His style was ruthless and brutal. You much preferred your uncle's style. His was style was firm but merciful.

When you were 13, your mother passed away. Your father's disappointment then morphed into uncontrolled anger. Every training session became mostly beatings. You learned early on that dodging was the wisest tactic.

For a while you would visit Mei and her father would often ask to see what you knew. Today was just such a day.

"No, thank you." You declined with a smile as your uncle frowned.

"Y/n, your father tells me you've been working so hard for the past few months. Don't you want to show your progress?" Your uncle asked with a raised brow.

Your father stood two paces behind your uncle with a devilish grin.

"No, I-I'm not content with my skill level just yet." You lied with a smile. "Maybe next visit."

"Yeah dad!" Your cousin, Mei chimed in with a great smile. "She wants to hang. Cut loose, have fun while she's here, not work." Mei wrapped and arm around your shoulders and leaned against you.

You clenched your fist around your jacket hem to keep from crying out. Mei's arm was draped over a recent bruise, which was spread over both your shoulders and was a dark blue. Needless to say, Mei's weight didn't help the injury.

"Hm. I suppose that is true." Your uncle hummed with a smile. "Alright, run along then you two."

"Yes!" Mei cheered pumping a fist then dragging you with her out the door.

The moment your own father was out of sight your muscles all laxed. And you looked at Mei with a smile.

Mei didn't seem to notice your change in demeanor, she only tugged you over to her white motorcycle.

"M.k should be done training soon and we could go to the arcade, or catch a film, ooooh or he could show you his awesome monkey powers!" Mei rambled pulling her bike upright.