Macaque x Daughter reader

You let your eyes rove over the top of the text book you'd been assigned for math. You lifted and dropped the cover boredly as you waited.

"Why the long face, jinx?" Macaque's deep voice cut through your musings and you looked up with a smile.

"Dad!" You cheered as he chuckled. You rushed over and hugged him tightly only to feel him give you a tight squeeze then gently push you back.

"But why the pout, kiddo? Something wrong?"

Your smile faltered some then fell away completely as you fidgeted with your hands.

"Um...it was nothing."

Macaque rose a brow.

"Doesn't sound like nothing."

You frowned now and squirmed under your father's purple gaze.

"Some bullies. Hurt someone I care about. And I intervened and we'll one of them had a-"

You chanced a glance at your father figure.

A familiar forced grin touched his lips as his tail flicked. This clued you in to the true anger behind the grin.

Quickly, you looked away. You'd said too much already. He'd interrogate you for hours if you stopped talking now.

"Had a what, kiddo?" The question sounded friendly enough, but it had an undercurrent of steel.

"A knife." You finished biting your bottom lip.

Macaque's eyes widened.

Slowly, you unzipped your jacket and let the sleeves fall an angry red cut ran up the length of your forearm. It wasn't deep, really more of a scratch.

Yet Macaque's eyes shone dangerously.

"Did you tell anyone?!"

Slowly, you shook your head.

"Well no...it happened off campus and-" you leaned away as Macaque gently took your arm in hand examining the cut.

"And?" He pressed almost absent mindedly.

"It wasn't bleeding much anymore o I decided to just let it be."

Macaque chuckled.

"Let it be?! Haha have I taught you nothing?" He ruffled your hair. "Well kiddo don't worry. If you won't handle it-"

You gasped as the shadows at your feet riled.

"No! Dad wait!"

The shadows swarmed you in an instant leaving you in darkness as your father's voice drifted from all around you no longer a teasing tone lacing them.

"Then I will."

*Dun dun dun! This was requested by Nightseaninja765. This is my first time doing something like this, so I tried a little drabble to figure out the relationship between them. So I know it isn't exactly what was asked but I hope you enjoy anyway!*