Monkey King x abused reader

You pulled your hood down as you walked up the palace steps. Today's beating had...gotten out of hand. Resulting in a gash through your neck and a dark bruise on your right cheek. Your neck wasn't majorly damaged, but the wound looked ugly. It was easily hidden with an ascot.

The bruise though, that would be difficult to hide without make up. And heaven knew you weren't allowed to have that. Your mother always said you were too stupid to use it anyway.

You stumbled on the steps and yelped as you fell. But someone grabbed your hood to catch you.

"Hey peaches. How you doin'?" Monkey King asked with his causal tone pulling you up.

"Good!" You chirped pulling your hood back up the instant you regained your balance.

Monkey King cocked a brow.

"Really?" His tone was doubtful so you grew a smile to reassure him.

"Of course."

"Don't tell me you're self conscious about your looks again." Monkey King chuckled lifting your chin. "Kid we tal-" Monkey King halted mid-sentence.

"Sun?" You asked nervously as his face turned to worried confusion. Slowly, he pushed off your hood. "Sun I-I.." you stammered looking for the words as tears filled your eyes.

Monkey King gently ran a thumb over your bruise before he clenched his teeth revealing his fangs.

"Someone hit you."

"Y-yes, but I-I am ok." You excused quickly.

That was the moment his gaze fell to your ascot.

"No, wait Sun listen." You began but his gaze flickered to a golden glow. You bit your lip.

Monkey King's tail flicked and a nearby boulder cracked deeply.

"I'm listening." He mentioned patiently. He blinked and allowed his eyes to return to normal with an angry look.

"I-It was my fault."

Monkey King's eye twitched.

"Peaches-"

"It was!" You pressed. "I-I broke that dish and I was already being so annoying-" you tried to explain but your breaths came in short gasps as tears swelled in your eyes. "Ugh I'm useless!" You cried.

"Peaches, no!" Monkey King cut you off gently guiding your chin up to meet his gaze. "You are anything but useless. You're beautiful, kind, and patient, Y/n." He assured cupping your cheek. He gave you a loving smile. But it quickly vanished as realization dawned. "Someone hit you for breaking a dish?"

Your gaze fell and flicked away from him.

"You've been hiding this for a while now." He mentioned suddenly.

You had no words to excuse it. No reason you couldn't trust him with your problems, but somehow you just couldn't.

"I'm sorry, Sun." You whispered as the tears streaked down your cheeks.

"Hey." Monkey King leaned over catching your gaze with his. "This isn't your fault, peaches." He jumped onto his cloud then pulled you on. "Let's get you cleaned up." He flew you to the mountain and had you sit on his bed while he pulled out a first aid kit.

"Now tell me what happened." He ordered tapping your chin up so he could clean your wound.

You explained how the day had gone horribly wrong when you had woken up late and things spiraled from there. Monkey King held his temper admirably. As he walked to put the kit away and went to grab you food, the ground under his footsteps cracked and broke. But his every touch to you was gentle as could be. And he only smiled at you pressing gentle kisses to your bruise.

The day expired with your stories of the abuse you endured. And every moment Monkey King listened patiently. He held you when you cried, kissed away your tears, and when the day was spent he cuddled you until you fell asleep.

Monkey watched Y/n's chest rise and fall as she finally slipped off to sleep. He lifted her form gently, unsure of what other wounds she bore from the past week. Then, walked her to his room placing her on his bed. She would stay here until things were sorted out.

Speaking of sorting out, Monkey King smiled at her as he shut the door. The moment it was closed his smile slipped into a frown.

"Now-" He began walking from his hut. "No one hurts my girl." He stated jumping onto his cloud. As he jumped the stone under his boots cracked and crumbled. The cloud took off without a sound.

Needless to say, Y/n would never have to take abuse again.