M.k x wounded reader

Tears slipped down your cheeks and dropped into the pond you leaned over. Soft gasps escaped from your lips. Still the pain tore at your heart.

The sun has long since set. Stars dotted the royal blue sky above. Scenes like this took you back. Back to when you had lost them. You had sat with your friends at this very pond what felt like a lifetime ago.

Your mind wandered back to those moments and you hugged your arms shutting your eyes. How could such a precious memory to you hurt so much?

"Y/n?" M.k's voice snapped you from your reverie.

Your shoulders stiffened and you wiped at the tears hurriedly trying to keep your voice steady.

"Y-yeah?" You questioned over your shoulder not ready to look back.

Silence filled the space between you until M.k's footfalls against the grass sounded.

He knelt next to you.

"It's unbearable isn't it?"

You glanced at him.

M.k's eyes seemed focused on something ahead in the distance.

"Being left behind, I mean." He expounded. "Sometimes you wonder if it's because you weren't enough, or maybe you made some sort of mistake."

You blinked in shock then nodded feeling more tears filling your eyes.

"Its crazy," M.k laughed lightly, tears filling his own eyes. "I've been beaten nearly unconscious, burned, thrown, crushed, but somehow-" he looked at you with a broken smile. "Being left behind hurts much more than all that."

Your eyes widened and you hugged him tightly feeling your tears spill anew.

M.k's arms snaked around your back squeezing you tightly.

"But even if it hurts-" He whispered into your shoulder. "I'm here. And I'll make sure you don't have to hurt alone."

The words could never cure the ache. But they soothed it some. In some small way, it was comforting. It was nice not to be alone.

*Just a blurb this time. Figured it'd be nice to have a comfort scene. *