002 - Ahri

"Ahri, you up yet?"

Already close to the door, I pull it open as I am already busy getting into my uniform as I walk around my room, "Hey mum. Just finishing up."

"Morning," she gives me a wide smile before stating, "We will be leaving a tad earlier today."

Which also means they will both come back later from work. It will be a miracle if I see them before I go to bed tonight but at least I get to see them by morning for what feels like a brief few minutes and then be on my day.

Mum is already dressed in her work uniform and if I am correct Dad is already well on his way to work. Dad doesn't do anything too special but if digging your hands in the dirt is fun then I guess that would be fun. As an Archeologist, he isn't home as often as anyone would like to be.

Some nights when Mum does come home we can manage with some conversation but she is often drained from all her energy - I guess being a Forensic Auditor does that to a person. I don't know where my want for singing came but it feels so far away from anything they do.

At least they help where they can.

I tuck my shirt and slide on my jacket, not buttoning it up. I quickly take a few steps back in front of the wardrobe staring myself in the eyes. Grabbing my hair, I then twist my mouth to the sides as I mutter to myself.

"Should maybe think of dying my hair... black doesn't suit me that much," then with blowing air out as I spin around to quickly fix up my bedroom.

Surprisingly very minimalistic. I'd had hoped to do something more with it but we rarely have time to do that and the allowance they give me is mostly just used for either helping them or taking care of myself where they can.

With a slight smile - I really wouldn't have complained to have a little more cutesy things around.

I say that knowing that I still had plenty of input setting up this room. The wardrobe by far is the most expensive thing in this room with all the makeup and clothes in there. My bed and walls both share a salmon color scheme with some touches here and there. A very bright and plain room but it doesn't feel boring but rather trying very hard to be girly.

Opening up the curtains I glance at the rising sun, "Let's hope this year is somewhat better than every past year."

Picking my bag up, I pass myself one more time in the mirror after giving myself a confident smirk. Into the rest of the house, Mum is on the phone already with breakfast at the table. I walk my bag to the front door and quickly head back to eat breakfast.

Being on the phone means she needs to leave very soon.

I smile down at the food, the little things make me often happier than anything extreme. I never could care too much about drastic things and learned to appreciate that which could never have happened.

She didn't need to make me breakfast and left me to make cereal - despite my smile and appreciation I know it just means that she is about to drop off some bad news. There comes the reason where if one thing happens there must be a reason for it. I don't doubt she does it because she cares but... maybe she just feels very guilty.

"Hey honey," she interrupts my thoughts, "Did you sleep fine?"

I nod with a smile, "I always do. Did mom even come last night?"

She nods twice with a smile, "Just a little past midnight," she then rests her arm on the table, "This is your last year and we should start planning on what we should do, do you have a plan moving forward or should we sit down and plan things out?"

"Won't that hurt your job?"

She lets her smile fade, "I am fine if it does. Right now my focus should be on you before there isn't much to help with."