053 - ROADTRIP: The HBO mini-series

"Got a preference?" I watch him as he makes himself something to drink.

"I'll help myself."

"You do that," he does his thing as I just stand nearby watching him.

Came out of nowhere, to say the least. His hair is longer than most of the dudes in the school, he doesn't hide his face behind it but instead makes sure it stays out of his face - with that being said he doesn't look super anything.

The longer I stare, the features on his face become a little bit more defined. He lifts his gaze, almost confused as he furrows his brow at me, "Something wrong with my face?"

I shake my head, "I have a staring problem."

He chuckles, "Well - I am flattered either way."

I step forward to make something for myself, "Not sure if I meant to compliment you but don't mention it either way," grabbing a cup I hear a few footsteps as I hear Ryleigh greet someone.

"Hey, Evelynn."

"Someone came out of the shadows," she remarks, then as I glance over my shoulder she sighs, "And you are here too."

"Missed you too."

"I'm sure you did," she then walks past him and sides next to me, "Are you taking orders?"

"Not really."

"Good, don't want people using you," grabbing a cup she hands me one, "Two sugar with my coffee."

Rolling my eyes, there was a thought in my head of just standing my ground but it was to late as I just grabbed the cup anyway. She gives me a self-satisfied smirk as Ryleigh chuckles.

"What?"

"How long have you two been dating?"

"Too long," Evelynn says quickly.

I then chime in, "It's not even been that long."

"Still too long," she crosses her arms, "Don't get me started on everything about you that just irks me in a way that no other man or woman has irked me."

"It's the cute factor."

"Absolutely not! There are zero cute factors."

"Is that absolute?"

"If we are working in absolutes it would be a zero."

"Bit of a bitch tonight."

She gasps, rather dramatically, "Name-calling? I've never gone that far."

"Sorry. Leave it for the bedroom."

"Good boy."

He chuckles, "I was starting to think it was just a joke to make fun of me suggesting it... but I am really starting to think that the two of you were dating for a while now."

"How come?" I ask.

"He means to say we have good chemistry," she looks up at me with a smirk.

"This woman?" I point at her.

"Don't start. You are going to make a scene," she then states, "We aren't dating just to clear that little detail up."

Ryleigh then asks, "But you wouldn't mind it, would you?"

"I have a tolerance level and I already have one idiot in my life that I love dearly," she looks at me, "No offense, but I don't need another one-"

Before I could ask he chimes in again, "From where I am standing it looks like you are having a blast - besides you went along with the idea of dating so naturally it must mean there is something there-"