121 - Out of time.

Sitting outside of the school building, I finished with my exams a moment or so ago but we need to stay seeing it is our last examination for the year - so we are all just waiting for the day to come to a slow end.

Though I can see Eric and Conner sitting just opposite of me at another table under the shade - those two also drifted away from the main group after Akali ran away, then again they were more her friends than anyone else.

Kai'Sa finally catches up to me, she drops down next to me resting her head on my shoulder, "Finally done."

"Hm mhm," I then smile at her, "How are your plans faring?"

She chuckles, "Dad has asked me what I want to do - I want to finish my dance theory and so we are probably going to have to leave when I get my results," then with a long sigh, "Here I was scared to lose you any of you and I am the one that needs to end up leaving."

"It isn't silly."

With a scoff, "Thanks... but I wish that I could believe you."

"Let's all just focus on what we need to do - then when you are done, I can come to find you or you can come to find me."

She nods, "I'd like that, but we stay in touch, okay?"

"I promise."

"Thank you," she then looks up at me, "I don't know when but if Akali comes back, don't hesitate to call me because I will be back and when she is back we can pick up from where the rest of us left off."

"I'd like that," I state, "A good idea, want to run it by the rest of the girls?"

She nods, "Sure. But... how is Michelle doing?"

I then shake my head, "Trying not to think about it, she looks horrible, like she is holding on to strings and she is begging everyone every single time we get close to her that we just the suffering end."

"That sounds horrid."

I nod, "The heart arrived this morning... I am hoping for something good," I look up at the sky through the leaves of the tree, there are storm clouds hanging above in the distance, I just know that something bad is waiting to happen.

"Want me to come along?"

I smile at her, "Please. I think she would like to see more people around her."

"I think so too," she agrees with me, "We have a week left off school and then it all ends, what will you do?"

"It depends on whether or not Michelle survives. If she doesn't then I have to leave for a different town to learn under the person that taught Michelle... she pretty much insisted that it happens. Everything else is still pretty much left in the air."

"You will make sense of it. You always do."

***   ***   ***

Now we are just passing time, it is already late in the day and all of us are just sitting in the lounge waiting to hear something from the doctors but they haven't even had a chance to properly start the surgery.

Ahri then states, "I got an audition to work with one of the music agencies."

Evelynn nods, "Great news, you should take it while it is still there."

"I don't... I want to but I want all of you to come with me. It feels unfair that I am the only one-"

She interrupts her, "You are good at what you do, you deserve this little reward and it can be an awesome future for you - I already signed up with a junior agency when you got headhunted so don't worry about me. I'll still be in town."

Kai'Sa nods, "Take it. For your own sake."

She sighs, "Yeah..."

I then chuckle, "It feels hard to celebrate anything, huh?"

Evelynn states, "With Michelle either dying or surviving just a few rooms away, Akali being away and the rest of us needing to split up for our own futures... it all feels like it could come crashing down at an instant."

"There is always room for something worse."

"We need some light for a change," Kai'Sa blows air, lowering her gaze to the floor, "We just keep on hoping and dreaming that something good will happen - maybe one day we will have our chance in the sun."

"We will," Ahri chimes in with her, "So let's promise that when the time comes, let's all meet up together again. With Akali."

Evelynn nods, "Or we find her ourselves if she is taking too long to come back."

I chuckle, "We don't have to worry, she will always come back to where home is... and we all are her home."

It feels so distant, the day that I let her run away. I wished for time, I wished that somehow she would turn back and decide to come to hide with us - hoping that it would be the case. But she was right.

The Kinkou came for us trying to find her, even searching our homes but they could never find her - she is long gone and made sure she would never be found. She hasn't responded to any text messages or attempted calls either.

Maybe she will come to us one day, maybe I will find her myself.

But for now, I will just hold onto these feelings tightly before everything else slips away between my fingers - I should have been more greedy and taken a lot more for myself... maybe then this would have had a different ending.

Maybe Michelle is right, maybe the only thing you are ever supposed to do is look after yourself and do what is best for you - but then her advice on letting her go... was it for her sake? Or my sake?

We all pan our heads to the doctor walking towards us, the initial look on her face... just screams that I will never be able to ask her.