125 - Finding you

Sitting in my car, the night has already started with loads and loads of people flooding the streets downtown - I am still wondering whether or not I have any say in letting Ahri's mother ever get into contact with her.

On the other hand? My mind is locked on finding Akali. Michelle narrowed it down to places where a lot of people perform for fun and enjoy their nights - might even walk into some real talent that I can get into the studio and see what they can do.

But I am not here for work, I am here for Akali.

And only her.

My phone rings which make me get out of the car to answer the call, "Angel?"

"Hey," she greets me, "I know it is pretty late for you already but I just got from practice and felt like I should call you, how are you doing with work?"

"Better than most," I admit, "I may have found Akali."

"Really?!" she shrieks, "That is so awesome, how is she? Is she good? It was-"

"Angel," I stop her with a smile, "I still need to find her, I'll tell you how she is doing when I find her, okay?"

"You must have missed her."

I nod, "Yeah... I missed all of them. Will call you later if I don't pass out when I get home, okay?"

"Tell Illiya to call me," she stops me, "Goodbye."

I almost forgot that the two of them are acting like sisters again, hell I haven't even heard from my parents after I visited them last year to say hi - they didn't really care about us leaving and ended up being happy we were successful.

But I could tell they were just lying to themselves, I was always good at reading people.

I am wearing a thick padded jacket over a hoodie, to fight the cold weather. The energy down here is a lot different and I don't think I have ever been downtown this late at night - despite the cold the place is lit up and filled with laughter and conversations.

The lights from the buildings and all the stores make it feel like a red-light district. Night life I suppose.

I don't think my popularity goes this far, I am just a producer that had a lot of flack thrown my way for taking Michelle's place and most people thought I didn't have what it takes. I guess my being around is enough proof that I know what I am doing.

At the first turn, I can see a crowd gathering around a duo rapping, I notice a female voice. My heart sores only to crash back down the moment I realise it isn't Akali - I walk away to the next place in hopes to find her soon.

There are so many stores still open this late at night, that it almost looks like a community on its own. One person then walks up to me, "You look a bit lost."

I shake my head, "Just trying to find someone."

"Everyone says that. Prolly here to catch a glimpse of Kali, right?"

"Is she here?"

"I ain't telling you, why are you here?" he gets a good look at me, "I don't think she wants business with you producer types, walk away before you get yourself in trouble."

I twist my lips to the side, and then walking forward I ignore him. Nothing I can say will change the outcome - I just guess I have to get lucky trying to find her. This is a community so they already know who is who.

I head to the next crowd but I can tell the person that was trying to get me to fuck off has been shadowing me - I then notice the signature hairstyle that she always wears. I crack a large grin as I watch her rap against someone.

But it looks like I got lucky and managed to catch her as she is about to leave. I keep my eye on her as I break through the crowd trying to catch up with her. A group of five walks down one of the alleyways and I head after them.

"Hey!" I call out to them.

They turn in place only for me to feel someone grab me by the arm tugging me away, I glance around to see the same guy, "You should leave you freak-"

I sigh as I turn to face him fully, I hit him in the gut and the side of the jaw. He drops down to his knees as she groans, "Ah fuck man-"

I then mutter, "Jackass."

Then feeling another person tug me away from him instantly, "What the fuck dude? Don't just come in and hit people for no reason," the person drops down next to him, "Are you okay, Juno?" then looks back at me with the same glare.

I freeze in place, "Akali?"

"Don't use my name like-" she freezes for a moment, observing my face I can see the anger fade from her face into something else, "(Y/N)?"

"Who the fuck is this joker?" he groans.

She instantly lifts herself towards me, she closes the distance pulling me into a tight hug. I don't hold back as I hold her close to me. 

She pulls away from me, "No way, I can't actually believe you are here!" she then looks at the rest of the guys walking up to us.

"Mans hit him the fucking face, and you hugged him?" he laughs, "Brilliant."

The guy Juno then lifts himself, "Who is this guy, Kali?"

"My ex," she states, then asking me, "Can you just wait for me over there? I'll be with you in a bit, I promise."

I nod, "Will be waiting."

I walk away as she talks to them, though some of the guys were laughing that she hugged me for punching him but I think I already made enemies with Akali's new friends already. Fuck my life man.

I don't really care, I just am so glad to see Akali again.