021 - Growth

*** Michelle POV ***

Grabbing all my hair with a hand, struggling to keep it bundled as I tie it into a ponytail.  Luckily for me, my hair doesn't curl all that much and is very thin. I start to put on my makeup as I stare at myself in the mirror.

The kid has got some nerve telling me how to dress, telling me that I dress way too casually and like I could look so much better if only I took care of myself. That ain't for me, pampering. I grew up fighting to live, what use is a mansion if I am the only one walking around naked in the halls?

The face staring back at me - one that looked like she lived for the moment, brimming with nothing but passion... like this I look drained of all life like I have been working in retail for thirty years.

I am barely thirty. Twenty-eight to be exact... wait-  yeah I am. I didn't end up listening to Eve's little recommendation and went with what I usually travel around. Nothing wrong with leather... until you start wearing it as a shirt I guess.

Stepping out of the bathroom, the radio shifts from music to chatter.

Next up, a number one hit for two months straight, a little bit of information about Michelle. Reporters claim that she has branched away from music, stating that the industry is suffocating with people thinking they are artists... he chuckles... that the fans suddenly think they have been writing music since the start.

Do you really believe that? - the other person asks.

There are-

I walk out of the apartment, without a single thought of that broadcast. I am more perplexed about how I am supposed to work with children - the first time for everything, as they say.

***   Akali POV   ***

It is getting colder and colder. I have... pretty good news considering. (Y/N) would like to know that Shen wants to talk to him and his sister about it but... at that point I don't think either of them wants to step into the Kinkou.

Nobody should, not unless you want to live like the Amish then at that point you just hate yourself.

"Hey Akali," I stop in place as Eric catches up with me.

"Heya. Weird to see you here without Conner."

He chuckles, "He and Fred suddenly became best of friends over something," than digging his hands in his pockets, "Why?"

I gesture for us to start walking, "Something feels off about those two. I mean you and (Y/N) don't get along... I get that but apparently, you threatened him. Did you?" I ask him directly.

"I did," he nods, "I was already in a bad mood-"

"That is a shitty excuse Eric..."

He sighs, "I know. I know. I'll ask him to forgive me today, but he seriously doesn't understand what happened... I'll drop it don't worry."

I smile at him, "Thank you," then look at him through the corner of my eye, "Don't tell Connor I asked you but... I feel like he is hiding something."

He then twists his lips to the side, not making any eye contact as he then whispers to me, "Promise you won't tell him?"

I nod, "I mean I did ask you first," I chuckle, "But yeah. I won't tell a soul."