132 - My treat

Leaving the dining area, Ahri walks the two of us down the steps as she quickly gives Akali a kiss on the cheek and a long hug, "Please stay this time."

She nods, "I won't be running away any time soon."

"Good~" she then breaks away keeping her eyes locked on her with a large grin.

She then asks me, "Can we... talk for a moment?"

I nod, "I am here."

She starts, "Just to make it clear that I do care for you - I never stopped and I regret not being able to make time for you - this... I wanted to invite you to kind of salvage how far we have grown away from each other."

"Ahri-"

"Not finished," she interrupts me before I could stop her, "I hope that... we can make this work and I look forward to seeing you again this weekend. I missed you."

With a smile, "I missed you too."

She then quickly lifts herself to her toes to steal a kiss, "Promise to make it up to you," she then leaves walking away from the two of us.

Akali then furrows her brow, "She didn't kiss me like that."

"Kind of hard in broad daylight," I state, "She would probably want to strip you naked and have her way with you," we both walk back to the car, "But the paparazzi are soaring in our asses so doing anything in public will just blow up in our faces."

She groans, "It just sounds terrible."

I reassure her, "It really is."

"Not really reassuring me."

"I just wanted you to know that it is pretty shit."

"Alright alright," I start the car as she then asks me, "Can we go to the shops?"

"What do you need?"

"Well..." she then looks almost embarrassed, "I just... wanted to ask you if I can get a few things if you don't mind. I have some cash that I saved up for rent if I really needed to pay but-"

I stop her, "I am pretty rich, if you need some I can give you."

She stops me, "I can't. Then I will really start to abuse it and the only way I can repay you is with sex... which just means I win both ways."

I roll my eyes at her, "Just tell me what you need and we can work it out."

"Thank you," she whispers, still embarrassed about the fact that she needed to ask me about it.

We drive to the mall and I park close to the entrance. She then looks at me through the corner of her eye, "Okay... but can you make a mental note and give me the receipts so that I can pay you back after making money?"

I nod, "You don't have to pay me back."

"I just... don't like it. I need a few things for myself and was going to buy them myself but if you want to then at least let me just pay you back eventually. Please."

I nod, "I can work with that," even though either of us might forget about it, she probably doesn't realize that being a producer... and a very successful one has made me not even need Michelle's money to pay my rent anymore.

She then lights up, "Thank you - I need clothes."

I nod, "I know you were kind of poor."

She pouts, "Stop teasing me, it was hard okay."

"And I need underwear, we don't need any luxury body or hair washes because anything does it for me - but if we really want to there was this nice one that I liked the smell off back in the other town when I went for a hair cut that I didn't pay for."

We start walking towards it, "Uh huh, anything else you need?"

"A toothbrush, please."

"That one is easy," I nod, "Shoes?"

"Don't tempt me with stupid girly things," she then crosses her arms, "Please."

I roll my eyes as I laugh at her, "You are going to need a little bit of everything today, aren't you?"

She groans, "Yeah. I am going to be in debt."

"Don't worry, every kiss I will take away about a dollar."

"Only kisses?"

I nod, "Length doesn't matter, it still counts as one kiss."

She shakes her head as she steps closer interlacing her fingers with my hand, "You say that now - but I think there is a way I could worm my way through without having to pay a dime."

"That was my offer."

She shushes me, "I am going to feel bad again, please stop."

I will get her a phone as a welcome-back present, the rest can be on the house loan that I don't expect her to ever pay me back - not like I care she has had a hard time up until now and I have been waiting to be with her for a while.

Not like spoiling her a bit.

"Oh," she then points to an Asian chain restaurant, "They make awesome noodles. Can we eat some?" she pulls me with her as she asks, "Please?"

"You are already dragging me over."

She then freezes, "Pretty please?"

"Didn't we just eat?"

"But I really really really want to eat ramen. I haven't eaten quality ramen in years, (Y/N)."

"We can get some when we leave?" I counter with a different offer.

"Deal."

It is like shopping with your super energetic girlfriend that hasn't been outside of the house for a long time and wants to try out everything that she can find. I am finding myself grinning stupidly large watching her try out everything she thinks fits her.

She has a lot more boyish taste in some of her clothing choices, never wanting to go for skirts or summer dresses. Sticking to a lot of shorts and high strap boots - on the other end I didn't peek at the underwear section because I imagine I will be seeing them eventually.

I even tried to get into some things that I thought would fit her only for her to shut me down and take what she wanted to wear - a lot of it can easily fall under streetwear but it fits her almost too perfect.

We carry all of her clothes back to the car and then go back to get the last few things - we step into the closest phone shop.

She then looks at me, "You really don't-"

"It's a gift," I smile at her, "Get whatever pair of headphones and phone case you want with it. Just make sure it all works on the same phone, call me over if they need me to show anything."

She nods and disappears to find her new phone - even if she opted for the most expensive one all it would do is make me want to buy one for myself. At least I could spoil her - the little interactions feel like she never left in the first place.