107 - Breathe

"Would have made sense for those two not to be able to make it," Evelynn states, "With them always coming over every weekend there would be a point they would ask them to stick around for the weekend."

I then chuckle, "Akali's situation doesn't exactly work like that."

"Fair," she lifts her shoulders.

I then lean over the backside of the couch as she glances at me over her shoulder, "So. Seeing as Michelle and Jake aren't going to be here for most of today and probably won't be here till tomorrow, what are the three of us going to do?"

I then lift my shoulders, "There are a lot of things to do in this house," I state, "We could swim, watch something on the big screen, play pool, watch TV, or even go to the bar and drink a bit."

She chuckles, "Got a lot to do, but not really knowing what I want to do."

"That might be a bit of a problem."

She nods, "Only a Lil bit."

I turn in place, "I imagine just enjoying it as best we can is good enough."

*** Michelle POV ***

"So?" I ask him as I am staring out of the window from the studio, "How is she?"

"Akali?" he chuckles, "She is great at what she does, the kid has a ways to go but I doubt that it is very far - with how it stands I got a lotta bets saying she going to make it far in the rap game."

I scoff, "Looks like I know a little bit about it."

"Nah but," his tone suddenly more serious, "What about you?"

I then shut my eyes as I take a deep breathe, "I got a kid that will be taking this place over when I stop - been pulling out all of the stops to get him on top of his game and I think he can easily replace me when the time comes."

"You are that certain you are going to die?"

"Whether I live or die," I state with a slight smile, "I am done. Even if I survive, someone is waiting for me - and I am willing to walk out on everything the moment it happens. You get me?"

"I get ya," then with a chuckle, "How about focussing on surviving?"

I let my smile fade, I lean forward resting my hands on the window sill, "I don't think I have a lotta time left," I can already feel the pressure building up in my chest, it feels like an exercise just to breathe normally, "Times ticking and I am willing to bet my life savings that I only have a couple of weeks left before it would be easier to just neck myself."

"Michelle-"

"I don't want to suffer," I glance over my shoulder, "I am suffering right now, and a few people in this world are keeping me from putting myself out of my misery."

"Hope I am one of them."

I snort, "Don't take this the wrong way, but you wouldn't be able to stop me," then noticing his smile, "I don't want to leave just yet."

"Glad to see everything we went through matters."

"Not even Jake," I state, "Not even Eve will be able to change my mind - I just feel like there is this one last thing I need to achieve..."

"If you survive then you can finally be alive."

I nod, "I told you that once, I never felt alive and I find it funny now that I am dying... I am finally living. It sucks that it took so long to feel this happy," then lifting my gaze to the ceiling as I run my hand through my hair, "If I die, look out for them if you can. Will you?"

"You are asking me that after-"

I stop him, "I trusted you with a lot of things, don't take what I say to heart. It is just how I have always been - the only person that can control me is myself," then with a scoff, "What I am asking you," looking down to lock eyes with him, "When it's time, just let me die. Please."