023 - Fluff

^^ Me when I cringe at my own writing because I wrote a chapter while I was in a bad mood lmao. Changed up the last part of the former chapter because I was in a bad mood so I went a little bit overboard with it. Fixed it up to be a little bit more to my liking basically.

So have an angy Ahri as compensation.

***   ***  ***

As I head out the door, "I'll call you, okay?"

"Yeah!" I hear her right behind me, "I didn't even know you were doing this much for me."

"I have to do something for you," I smile at her as I then step out the door.

"Enjoy school!"

Enjoy it... I wish. Right now I just want to breeze past today without having to face anything and I somehow know that it would be impossible. As I step into the elevator I rub the back of my neck - I slept like shit so it is rather stiff. Just adding more to the pile of making today unbearable.

Not to mention that little exchange of someone thinking he is hot shit - he thinks I won't hit him if this goes on for any longer. As much as I want to follow in my sister's example, I'd rather just shut it up for good.

The doors slide open, I walk through. As I reach the steps down the street, I feel someone side next to me, "Good morning."

I glance to my side to see Kai'Sa, "Hey."

Her expression shifts instantly, "What's wrong?"

I shake my head, "Slept terribly," wonder why she is waiting for me.

She sighs, "Sorry. Well... sorry for not dropping in to say I had to head home sooner. My dad picked me up to deal with some things that I asked him about and I didn't expect him to be home so soon."

I then smile at her, "That so? No worries. We just ended up talking about our plans moving forward with the music thing and we should have a vague idea how it is going to work by today."

"At least some good news," she then pulls her phone out, "I completely forget about my phone sometimes so I should have just called or texted to let you know."

I chuckle, "I honestly forgot about it."

We grow silent as we walk to school, she then sighs into the cold morning air breaking the silence, "It's really getting cold."

I then counter, "Well... you have been living in Shurima so I can imagine getting used to this weather would be a pain."

She lifts her eyebrow, "You don't know how cold the desert can get, do you?"

"Uhh..."

She chuckles, "I just don't do well with the cold. It helps that I do have practice later today."

I then add, "Oh... on that note. I won't be heading home or sticking around after school. Our music group isn't going to go on for long then I am going to tag along with Akali to her place to ask her elders something."

She nods, "Okay. I mean," she giggles, "Here the two of us are talking about walking home together but we never planned on making it a regular thing."

I feel my face flushing, "I... well we do live in the same building and we do practically go home together every day."

"It's only been a week," she giggles, "Sorry I am just teasing you."

"Hmmm," then looking back at her, "It's just something we fell into so it just feels like I need to say that either way."

She smiles at me, "I mean - I was the one waiting for you to get ready for school. I am just happy you don't take forever."

I then state, "My sister is a child. I have to take care of her almost more than she has to take care of me," then twisting my lips to the side, "You can always drop by, top floor of the room at the far right."