056 - Day of days

*** Evelynn POV ***

The thing about the things we do - a part of us did it because it is either the only thing that made sense or it is just what we need to do for ourselves - just those little hints of what we desperately need or just something to soothe the soul.

If you really need it that is. I am a firm believer in not beating around this bush - what's the point to it? Let's fiddle around with jokes while I am holding the pin of a grenade between my fingers. Why drag it out when they should be able to trust you to do the right thing.

Being scared solved nothing even if it is justified.

I am a hypocrite. I was ready to leave you without an answer but in the end, I realized that would be me running... when there is no need to run. Maybe I am still scared, maybe disappointment weighs so heavily on my shoulders that it might just be a deal-breaker.

I stick with what I said - you shouldn't let people rely on you. It's bound to break you down, the easiest thing to do in this world is disappoint someone, the same goes for them. They will always betray you, hurt you, and disappoint you. 

I am not exempted from this.

Does that make me pessimistic? I just like to convince myself that I have been through enough to give advice... why should others suffer when I had it at its worst just to learn some tidbit of advice?

I sigh to myself, letting a smile spread across me as I chuckle.

At least I slept peacefully, opening one of my eyes I notice that (Y/N) is still asleep. Lifting myself off from his lap I hope that his neck survived the trip. Though sleep liners are pretty comfortable so I doubt that is the case.

It's seven-thirty. We are about a half-hour away from our destination. I don't know when the scenery changed but it's a winter wonderland out there. Time to trip and fall over a hill and get suffocated by the snow.

I never touched snow, I have a feeling it isn't as awesome as people make it out to be. Let's hope I am wrong.

"Morning," I hear Ahri's voice, she is leaning against the chair with a little smirk attached to her face of hers but it is nothing but cute.

"You should sit down before they scold you."

"I don't remember ending up in the back seat," she says, "Looks like someone pushed me out of my seat."

Narrowing my eyes at her, "Trying to say something?"

"Someone is getting a little warm to (Y/N)."

With a straight face, "Oh for sure."

"What? Really?" she leans a bit closer, watching my face to see if there is any truth in it. Pursing my lips she then twists her lips to the side, "I mean you don't have to be sarcastic when I am genuinely asking you a question."

"Why do you care?" I return the smirk, "Someone getting a bit jealous?"

"No."

"Don't worry, sweety. I won't take all the attention away from you."

She pouts, "I said I wasn't jealous. Stop trying to tease me."

Trying? I stop myself as I roll myself. I then lift myself out from the blankets and grab her by the shoulders. Making her drop back down in her original seat as I drop down at the edge. Kai'Sa is staring out through the window but Akali is still asleep.

She glances over, mouthing "Good Morning".

I return a smile mouthing the same words as we both return to our own thing. Presumably to make sure Akali doesn't wake up. I wonder if it is the same for those two? Huh. Who am I kidding by asking silly questions?

(Y/N) brought Akali back, Kai'Sa has been close with him since the start. Maybe I am the only one making the observation and all of this is being left up in the air.

I then cringe to myself as I repeat the words - I won't let you have Ahri, but maybe... maybe we can all be happy.

That was so cringy. 

What a terrible way to start my day.

*** Normal POV ***

"Everyone has been assigned into their rooms, as per school rules I made sure to keep the girls and boys separate-"

He then chuckles, "Why worry about that? A lot of you kids are still trying to form relationships and find love. I won't be going out of my way to make sure none of you are being a bit silly - just stay safe with sticking-"

Clearing my throat, "The rooms were pretty much assigned under assumptions. Please don't say that out loud otherwise they will change the rooms, sir."

He chuckles, "I am just teasing."

I doubt it very much. The other class's homeroom teacher is very young and incredibly attractive - which must mean a bunch of the girls must have had some daydreaming about him. I don't know how girls work when they see a hot guy.

Probably the same as us guys. I think.

He has sharp features with obvious Asian heritage. Black hair is stylized to be incredibly modern, the clothes he wears are pretty plain but they kind of suit him. It's those guys that know how to rock anything you give them to wear.

Patting me on the shoulder, "You planned a pretty awesome trip for everyone-"

"Ahri helped with getting everyone to help fund it," I admit, "I just called people and did my best to help everyone out."

He sighs, "Learn to take compliments. Being humble has no use with me."

"Okay, sir."

With another chuckle, "The first day is always the most important, figure out who you want to spend it with and make sure to get all the chances you can to make that little connection - the moonlight festival is coming up just a few days before we leave. Nothing more romantic than that."

I furrow my brow... what kind of festival is that?! Why didn't I know about it? I should do some research before I look the fool.

Then stating, "I am going to see what there is to do."

I then state, "We are pretty much allowed to do what we want, the resort allowed us to pay for access to a lot of the events - I printed out schedules for everyone so they know when resort members can do what they want to."

He nods, "If you need me, I am going to be an adult."

I shake my head as he walks away. I sigh as I turn around and head to the room I was assigned to. I am starting to wonder if he is capable of being a teacher or if he is just a few steps away from being a predator.

Don't think about it - you are better off.

The thing is... I already screwed up with the advice. Seeing as the girls are going to head out and do their own little thing. The rooms are six people seeing as we got assigned to the hostels - weird that a resort has one but apparently it was for an academy that was going to be built here.

So they changed it into a resort and tourist attraction.

Smart. Money over progress.

At least this will give me a chance to plan ahead for this moonlight thingy.