047 - Days like these

The voice of the teacher is just background noise, I am just staring at the pen between my fingers with no real intention to listen, just to exist for the moment as I just want to know what comes next. It felt like that for a while now.

With everything that happened to me in such a short span of time - it was like there was always something to look forward to. Something to worry about. It wasn't vague, there were some hints and right now I don't know what to expect.

Henry, Fred, and three other names have been found. Henry was tied to a case of vandalizing my property so he was the first to be expelled from this prestigious school. In their ruling and ambitions, it is listed somewhere.

Though they are all eighteen, the assault charges are still up in the air. They have the capacity to be criminals but they are looking at lightened sentences due to cooperating so well.

And there Conner is, scot-free. I don't plan on speaking my mouth, if his friends didn't drop his name then why should I? If they didn't do that, then they must be good friends after all. Just terrible people.

Class is dismissed, the bell rings in seven minutes for recess.

Figures are the only words that break through. With class ending early, he lifts himself out of the chair and leaves the classroom. The room breaks into their own mini conversations. I glance to the side to see Akali already making her way toward me.

Resting against my desk, "Heya."

"Long day."

She chuckles, "I can tell that you weren't paying attention."

I nod, "And? How about you?"

"Pretty much the same-"

"I was more asking about your friends."

She twists her lips to the side, "Stacey and Grayson were chewing into Conner and Eric for what happened. Almost certain that they played a part in it. Eric is holding up fine but he hasn't stopped saying sorry. Conner on the other hand..."

"Not happy?"

"Yeah. Almost depressed," she looks like she is blaming herself, "But he brought it on himself."

"It will work out for the better sooner or later," I try to reassure her, "I-"

Just as I try to speak I see Eric already approaching the two of us, Akali looks at him intensely, as if something was practiced between the two of them. I pull my gaze away from Akali as I look at him, "What's up?"

He nods, "Hey. I just... wanted to apologize for everything I did."

"Less than most," I lift my shoulders, "We're cool."

"Really?" he shakes his head, "Err- sorry. Thank you."

Akali chuckles, "At least there was a solid attempt," he tries to muster a smile as she then looks at me, "I don't know about Conner, I can't promise that he will-"

"He will come around," Eric states, "Maybe not now but he will."

I pull my gaze away, "What happened happened. I don't care seeing as there is nothing to make up for it, nothing to make it even worse."

Just outside of my peripheral I see Kai'Sa side next to me, "Hey you, three."

Akali looks up at her, "Hey."

"Happy to see you are still here," she smiles at her.

"Happy to still be here."

"After having to run across the entire city," I scoff.

Akali looks at me with a pleading look, "It's not fair to hold it against me, I mean it is my own fault but-"

"I'm just teasing," I chuckle, "Just happy we are all still here."

***  Michelle POV   ***

Sitting in the uncomfortable chair with my arms on my legs, "I already told you that I am trying to quit smoking, it's not like I can do miracles," rolling my eyes as he shakes his head at me.

"And your medication?"

"I already feel like a vegetable," He is trying his best not to get angry with me, "Doctor's patience running thin?"

"Your ability to not listen to what I have to say and complete disregard for your own life is what bothers me the most about you, Miss. Fin," he then looks at the papers, "When it comes down to it-

"To put me on something? How long till that won't work anymore? I don't want to cosplay robocop."

He then reassures me, "No machines. You are in the earliest stages and it can still be treated before drastic measures need to be taken. I seriously need to quit smoking, no drinking, and definitely stay away from drugs."

I pull my gaze away from him, staring through the window, "Even if it kills me."

"If you don't, it will kill you."

I lift myself, "Nothing new there," grabbing everything as I ask, "Is there anything else? Wouldn't surprise me if there is more to it."

"You already have your prescriptions. You made a recovery but when worse comes to pass I need you to seriously consider surgery options - even through creating a routine and following all the treatment steps there is still a chance of it becoming worse."

Mimicking his words, "So please monitor your situation and notify me if it gets worse," then with a sigh, "Yeah. Thanks, Doc."

How long? I shake my head as I know that I probably don't have long. What's that saying? If something bad can happen, it will happen. 

Sorry for the short chapter, I am incredibly sick for the past few days and just wanted to release something to satisfy my itch for writing. 

Ples forgiv xx