018 - To new friends, and old ones.

Walking in the back of the back, the four of them are already crowding the sidewalk, and squeezing in there would just make it uncomfortable.  From right to left it's Akali, Conner, Fred, and then Kai'Sa.

Conner is obviously trying to talk her ear off and on the other end it is another conversation on its own - I was actually surprised to see him being able to hold a conversation with her despite what happened early morning. It seemed like he was trying too hard but I guess a lot of people are pretty personable around here.

We reach the path we branch off towards our apartments only for Kai'Sa to shoot a gaze back to me, "You feel like hanging out further or just heading home?"

I twist my lips to the side as Connor speaks, "It'll be nice to catch up and get a breath of fresh air - plus I feel like making up to you for ending up fighting..."

Kai'Sa looks like she is depending on my answer as if my choice decides whether or not we are going. I mean. I don't want to go at all, I don't trust Connor at all after that and I just have this gnawing feeling he is baiting me out on purpose.

"We can tag along - I don't plan on sticking around for long," Akali's expression shifts into a slight but rather worried smile.

Connor turns around instantly and starts walking as Fred next to Kai'Sa gestures with his head, "Let's not waste time then."

"Okay," she then takes a few steps back towards me, siding next to me as everyone starts to walk, "There a reason you are sticking at the back of the pack?"

"Not enough space for all those egos up front," I joke.

She chuckles, "Saying that I have an ego?"

"Oh yeah - it is definitely there."

Rolling her eyes, "Hmm mhm, so why did you decide to come? I can tell on your face alone that you'd rather go home."

"Dunno. Might be for the best to just clear misunderstandings."

She looks at Connor as she whispers, "I don't know... it feels like-"

Fred then steps back, "What are you two whispering about?"

I then state, "She notices how badly I wanted to go home and is asking why I ended up agreeing anyway."

He tilts his head, "I mean - why did you come then? At this point, you are just spitting in our faces and we have to sit with your attitude all day. Why not just join in the conversation and not be sour- "

"Did you really invite me for me? Or is it just because you wanted to make sure Kai'Sa comes along?"

She then looks at me with a furrowed brow, "(Y/N)..."

"Be an asshole. That's fine with me. You can make enemies all you want, even if I am the only one at this point willing to help defend you."

Kai'Sa then adds, "He didn't do anything to deserve you being so rude."

That sentence just came out of my head without even thinking about it, hell of an accusation I just made and ended up probably just making her upset. Fuck man, what am I supposed to do? Tell them what they want to hear? Even though I know something is up with these kids? I don't trust them.

He then remarks, "You talk about how Eric and they hold a grudge against people that don't deserve it, and here you are doing the same."

"Sorry," I shake my head as I bite down on my lower lip.

"No worries man, just check yourself yeah?"

I nod, he then sighs as he returns back to the three in front of us. Kai'Sa who is watching me out of the corner of her eye, sighing as she finally asks, "Why'd you have to say it like that? He is being nicer than most of them in that group and even trying to help make amends. My coming along shouldn't matter-"