151 - Reunions aren't really that fun

I finish up a small meeting with some of the people I barely talked to. Then heading straight for the drinks stand to get something to make my throat feel less dry... I feel like all I have been doing is talking with the people I don't want to really talk to.

Siding next to me. "Alcoholic."

"Need it for the night."

"Going to beat me again tonight?"

I glance over my shoulder to see her arch her eyebrow at me. "Only if it is consensual."

"You don't punish bad girls?"

"Not if they are actively trying to be punished."

"You are going to be a terrible father."

"Don't do that."

"Do what?"

"Make it sexual, then talk about doing that to my kids."

"Your head is in the wrong place." She counters easily. "Maybe, don't think with the little guy."

"This is why I am drinking."

"Oh don't worry. I got a few drinks from that table over there just to ready myself before coming all the way here just to hear you mope."

"And you call me the alcoholic."

"Problem is that in my family all of them are notorious for not getting blacked out, or drunk. Your family is notorious for manipulating each other."

"And you? Falling for the wrong people?"

"Oh, are we picking at silly mistakes?"

I cross my arms. "Saying you have something against me?"

"Plenty." She narrows her eyes, she rests against the table crossing her arms over her chest.

"You targeted my family, I don't know much about your family so I kinda had to pick on you."

"Yeah... but come on you can't blame me. Michelle is your sister-in-law. That must be terrible."

"It is bearable."

"Right."

"Evelynn..."

She gulps down her drink, then places it back onto the table with a dramatic motion. Locking eyes with me I can't help but shake my head at how dramatic she is being right now. 

"(Y/N)."

"Yeah?"

"No, you called me first. Waiting to hear what you have to say to me, I doubt it is anything-"

I walk up to her, kissing her on the lips. She doesn't react, just allowing me to kiss her. I cock my head waiting for her to say anything but she is just standing there dead silent.

"You know it is much more fun if you participate."

"I am~" She narrows her gaze. "But just randomly kissing me without my consent is dangerous, it could lead to terrible scenarios where people might just misunderstand that I would actually spend the rest of my life with someone like you."

"I got bad news for you."

"I have bad taste, I know." She closes the distance. Kissing the side of my mouth, I turn my head to kiss her and she quickly places another one on my lips but doesn't allow it to go much further than that.

"Still got bad taste?"

"You taste like fruit cherry punch." She winks at me. "We can't continue this here. It wouldn't be... appropriate."

"Saying this is another one of those nights?"

"It could be~" She walks away from me giving my arm a squeeze before she heads back into the crowd.

Always fun talking to her.

I hover around for a moment longer to see Ahri sitting by her lonesome near the window. I head straight for her and grab a seat to sit across from her, her ears twitch at the sound of me plopping down with a huff.

She looks at me with a smile, her ears lowering slightly as she cocks her head. "Was starting to wonder if I am going to see you when we go home."

I roll my eyes. "You are the one that's being overwhelmed."

With a giggle. "I mean this is our life now."

I state. "Well... I am the dude that produces things. I am not really performing on stage and there is this thing where a lot of people will just be drooling at the thought of you-"

"Stop!" She chuckles.

I hold my smile. "What's up?"

"Just thinking about when I want to do it... you know?"

"Your mom?"

She nods. "Been stuck in my head for a while, she... I still have the number and everything but I don't know if it is worth hearing from her. I don't know if I am going to burst into tears the moment she leaves or if I am going to beg her to stay... or just tell her to never come for me again."

I sigh. "Maybe... just hear what she has to say and then go from there?"

She shakes her head. "I have to decide for myself. Sorry sweety, I really appreciate the input but I have to make decisions for myself..."

I glance at the moonlit skies. "Then I will leave it at that."

She scoots closer, her hands reaching my knees. "(Y/N)..."

I look back at her, still wearing her smile. "Thanks. For everything."

I furrow my brow slightly. "You aren't leaving. Right?"

She shakes her head quickly. "No never. I just need you to know that without you a lot of this would have been impossible, without you I don't know where any of us would be but all I really want to do is let you know... that you are like my guiding star."

I narrow my gaze slightly. "Me of all people?"

She nods. "You don't know how much you have done, even if it feels like you were doing nothing at all... a lot of this is because of you."

"I can't take all of the credit."

She nods. "I know. I just need you to know, that no matter what, I appreciate you." She lifts herself, wrapping her arms around my head she holds me close to her.

I smile to myself, but I can't help but feel worried. When someone feels like they need to say something it is because they are scared... maybe she thinks something is going to happen that might just make it harder on all of us.

I mean...

I am overthinking this.

There is no way we created K/DA only to stop with it immediately after.

She pulls away from me with a slight smile. "You okay?" She furrows her brow. "I didn't mean to-"

I stop her. "Nope, I am fine."

"I love you."

I return the same words with a smile. "I love you."