123 - Second time around, a not-so-new beginning

Someone told me on their death bed, "It will be okay, even if I am counting my final seconds at least I can safely say that all my years counted for something. So don't let everything I did... be for nothing."

I hated those words because all Michelle ever wanted to do to me was make me feel guilty.

All for nothing.

As we all expected, despite our small fights leading up to our final goodbye... Akali fell out of contact with all of us. I mean the Kinkou wanted to find her and they could never get to her. Even after trying to come to us we never uttered a word.

I miss her, I hope she will one day come back home.

Kai'Sa flew to a different city to study dance theory even further and she has been even more successful. I am proud of her and despite the distance, the two of us have been in contact every single day.

I miss her. I just wish there was a chance to get her here because I am dying to see her again.

Evelynn and Ahri are the only two that stayed in the same city but we are far away from each other. Apart from Akali all of us stayed in contact with each other and have been trying to keep it alive despite how difficult it has been.

It... didn't exactly fade but all of us slowly fell into a limbo state where our jobs clashed with each other. Hell. Ahri became a pop star and the face of music, and Evelynn is now a solo artist that gets begged to play at private shows.

The Agency hosting the school tournaments picked up Ahri before she even had a chance to celebrate - she was so ecstatic to be able to finally perform the way she did that... neither of us tried to stop her.

The two of them are super successful.

And me? I took over where Michelle left off. I don't know what goes on in that woman's head, she left the house to me, she even gave me money to study for a bit and decided to disappear. Well... to the world Michelle died on that bed the moment the heart transplant 'failed'.

But in reality, she is living with Illiya.

I took my time over the four years to become better as an Artist and music producer. I took over the record company signing even more indie artists over the years but my profession made it even harder to talk with Evelynn and Ahri over the years.

Even the media made it impossible to do anything.

I miss all of them dearly, I just wish we could find the time to meet each other for one last time. My thoughts are interrupted as the door to my office swings open someone with blonde hair pokes their head through my door.

"Heya, how is my favourite In-Law."

I lift myself, "Come in," she steps inside and instantly drops down into the chair, "Good to see, Michelle. Healthy?"

"Stop worrying about me," she pats her chest, "This heart works better than the other, a lot of the kiddies you have running around here forgot what it was like working under a tyrannical overlord. Even told me to wait for an appointment."

I shake my head at her, "Call next time."

She lifts her shoulders, "Fuck that, I come when I want to. So? Going to talk about your four girlfriends all not being around?"

I let my smile fade, "Work's been rough."

"Rumour has it that Ahri is very very upset with her line of work, the industry fears that she might walk out on them," Michelle gives me a smug expression, "Something tells me she and Evie have something on their mind."

I then nod, "The thing you mentioned all those years ago."

"A music group," she states, "You, the producer, Ahri and Evie, your singing voices, Akali the rapper, and Kai'Sa. The little choreographer for your stage presence."

I chuckle, "This almost sounds planned."

"I just had a lot of time thinking," she then sighs, "Your sister has been running me up the wall about work, and not in a good way, so I told her I was visiting you to clear my mind a bit and here I present you an idea."

I chuckle, "Thanks. As good as it is-"

"Don't you feel alone in that big house?"

I nod slowly, "It has been hard."

She then pushes over her phone, "Uploaded last night on youtube. A hot girl rapping on the streets has been getting a lot of traction in the city - something tells me she wants you to go and find her."

I look at the phone, I didn't even need to look at the face. I knew from the hairstyle alone that it was Akali - she definitely grew up and it looks like she has a shit ton of confidence about her, but she still stayed in shape.

"If she is here, she would have visited-"

Stopping me, "That girl?" she scoffs, "I am willing to bet the house you live in, that she is scared to come to you, that you might not want her anymore. Go and find her tomorrow night, I'll send you the address of the next rap battle."

I nod, "Thanks, Michelle."

She chuckles, "Just looking out for my brother," she then lifts herself, "Don't be scared to talk to the rest, yeah? Suggest it to them."

"Stay safe yeah?"

"I always do," she lifts her hand into a wave as she struts out of my office.

I then pull up my laptop to find the video, just to watch it for myself. My heart, I didn't notice that it was hurting but the pain of seeing her face again is a bundle of happiness and grief. I don't know where she was, but I hope I can find her.

I hope I can bring them all back.