074 - I hate you.

*** Evelynn POV ***

She is sitting at the dining room table, this place feels dusty... well. Nobody has been in it for that entire time and there is no way she is going to just clean it if she isn't even going to stay in the damned place.

Jake said he would talk to her, I just tried to talk to Ahri but she didn't want to talk to me. She didn't say a word. She just fell asleep clutching my hand tightly, I am staying the night whether I like it or not.

I already asked Jake to fetch me some clothes.

I take a seat across from her, "You know..." she looks up at me, she is still gorgeous, she hasn't aged a bit... I remember a time she was all smiles but she isn't even trying to hide that she has grown so indifferent to it all.

"You hate me," she finishes my sentence, "I know that," she then cracks a small smile, "ANd... well I love you. Like my own daughter-"

"I don't want it."

She nods, "I know... you have been there for Ahri more than I have. More than her own mother and father ever were," she sighs, "I just finally got tired of playing games. She doesn't deserve it, doesn't deserve to live in pain."

"The pain you force down her throat?"

She doesn't answer, "I never loved him," she states, "It was more an accident of two people that were interested physically and that led to... Ahri. We panicked, he was an explorer.... one that chased the wind and I always knew he would be the first to disappear."

"And you right after him."

"I am not a mother," she chuckles, despite her smile tears are streaming down her face, "I always hoped she would grow strong without us, that she wouldn't be able to rely on us at all but I guess-"

"You are killing her!" I accuse her.

"She will be okay," she sounds so convinced of that fact, "Ahri always finds a way to be okay."

"Because I was there for her!" she looks up at me, "I don't know how many times I have seen the same scene, how many times she was on the floor not responding to anything. When she was curled up in her bed screaming for you!"

"If I find her... if I find her in a pool of her own blood I will come and find you and show you how you killed Ahri."

She nods, "You were always a lot more mature than you were supposed to be, everything happened to you and still you survived."

"Not everyone can be strong-"

I slam the desk, kicking the chair out from underneath me as I the pain travels up my knuckles, "I. Hate. You. You are right, you aren't a mother. I just wish she had a family."

"She has you," she counters.

I shake my head, "Shut up!"

She shakes her head back at me, she is just letting me tear into her. Letting me do this because she thinks it will make me feel better - because her inaction is what is really driving me up the wall.

I hate her. I hate her more than Michelle. I hate her more than Quinton.

I push myself away from her, "You know it isn't too late to make right by Ahri..."

"I am going to have to disappoint you."

"You shouldn't care about me, but you already made that decision didn't you?"

"Take care of her for me, please."

I can't even keep my own frustrated tears from streaming down my face, my lower lip quivering as I can't focus on anything else but my anger.

"Don't even bother saying goodbye," I whimper.

I feel powerless, knowing that I can't do anything. I can't even get this vile woman to change her mindset, I don't think I will be able to keep Ahri from disappearing... it is killing me. Eating at my heart.

Knowing...

Knowing that it would be useless.