025 - Fighting for what matters

Akali is sat down on her knees, my sister copied it perfectly but damn it hurts me in my knees. Straining through it as across from us is sat someone dressed as a ninja, looks important but this has to be the most muscled ninja I have ever seen.

He then asks us again, "The purpose of learning from our masters?"

She lowers her head slightly, "I wish to learn from your fighters to improve on my own technique. I don't plan on disclosing any information I learn from this place either, nor will anyone learn of me practicing here."

He crosses his arms over his chest, "You think we value secrecy?"

"I just want to make it clear I am willing to do whatever you expect from me to be able to do this."

"Very well," he then states, "The Kinkou will treat you as nothing more than an outsider, a guest. Interfering with their daily lives and duties will clash with your interests and we will be left to ask you to leave."

"I imagined that be the case."

He then adds, "It may come down to having to unofficially join us."

"What does that mean?"

"You will be able to get what you think is necessary for your career and I can enforce that you belong with us despite never formally doing so. It keeps you from having to recruit you indefinitely."

"Be aware that if anyone learns of this deal it will be terminated."

She nods, "I understand."

"Then shall we begin? I'd like to have a taste of your current abilities so that I know who to pair you with."

Akali then taps me on the shoulder, I turn around as she offers her hand. I grab it as she slides down wrapping her fingers around my forearm. Silently gesturing for me to follow her so that those two can do their thing.

"Your sister must have trained with some of our people that left the Order a while ago," we walk far to the side of the grounds, still in range to see their fighting but my focus is mostly on Akali, "I guess that put him in a good mood because he is usually very rude to outsiders."

"Really?"

She nods, "Everyone here has their own issues... trust issues being the worst of it," she then crosses her arms over her middle, "Though this is mostly him doing me a favor after having to jump through a couple of thousand hoops."

"That bad?" I tilt my head as I ask.

She purses her lips, "No it wasn't. Just annoying because it is them."

"You make it sound like it is very bad here?"

She tries to smile, "I... don't ever talk about this place to anyone. I don't vent about it and I just let it all happen to like water under the bridge - I just kinda let it show that I hate being here despite it being my home. It is a closed community where they decide what is best for you... I am complaining again aren't I?"

I nod, "Yeah but I don't mind it."

"Don't say that or I might just start complaining about every single detail to you," she giggles slightly.

"If you need it, for sure."

She shakes her head, "I feel bad for you already," she then shifts the topic, "But let's just not talk about it till he overhears me. The good news is we start on Monday and Michelle has been super sweet about letting it all happen."

I then say, "She does have a history with Ahri... and maybe with Evelynn."

She nods, "It kind of reminds me of Conner, Eric, and Grayson that doesn't like those two but is a lot tamer. It is as if Michelle is purposely teasing Ahri about it as well. Evelynn just... lets it happen either way."

I lift my shoulders, "I can't make my own opinion. Michelle is a celebrity so I kind of feel like I should be inspired by her success and use what help I can... but on the other hand, Ahri makes me want to know whether or not something bad happened."

I glance towards the fighting, his movements are slower than hers but I can tell he hits a lot harder. That defense as well is making it very hard for her to break through it.

She nods, "Know the feeling," she then looks at me through the corner of her eye, "Hey... sorry about them."

I look at her, noticing she is struggling to look me in the eye, "You shouldn't be apologizing for them."

She sighs, "I guess but I tried talking to them about it-"

"You shouldn't-"

"If it gets worse tell me," she looks me in the eye, "Even if they have been my friends forever I will gladly put them in their place if they dare ever overstep that boundary of purposely going after someone that did nothing wrong. I don't want it to happen and do nothing despite them being my friends."

"Thanks but... am I really worth lifelong friends?"

"If they decide after that I am not their friend... then were we friends?" she then twists her lips to the side, "I can tell if someone is bullshitting me, honestly I am upset about it and I have been. I don't want you or Kai'Sa to get in the middle of a silly little fight that happened years ago."

"I could try and get along better and not pick fights-"

"That would help," she smiles again at me, "But don't force it."

I went and said that despite never really wanting to see their faces again. She just looked a little bit upset about it and now suddenly I want to help, losing all your friends you knew for so long. There is my case... then there is hers.

I don't even think I can make amends with them but I can at least prevent that fight from ever happening. Because who knows... she might say all these things and end up blaming me at the end of it all even if she doesn't blame me now.

She sighs, "We went from one pretty shitty topic to another one, huh?"

I chuckle, "Had to talk about the other one eventually."

She nods, "I hope we can get along a little better as a group," then smiling at me, "Thanks for coming through for me, even though this does nothing for..."

"It's for my sister and I owe her a lot. That makes me happy enough."

She nods, "I envy that kind of relationship. Though if you need a favor from me, just ask, okay? I still feel like I owe you so much."

I stop her, "It is really okay."

"Alright~" she sings, "Just so you know you are ending up missing out on like a one-time deal."

"I'm sure I will manage."

She chuckles, "Your loss."

Our gazes trackback to the fighting that has stopped. We haven't even been paying much attention to it. We wait near the edge for them to finish up before my sister and I need to get back home. They start to finish up as we get ready to meet up with them, Akali then stops me.

"Hey... want to hang out tomorrow?" I look at her as she quickly adds, "I am free... pretty much every weekend and would be anywhere other than here. But if you are busy or have other plans then you can say no... if you want to"

I stop her, "Making me sounds like a last resort?" I joke.

She furrows her brow, "I-"

"Sure," I smile at her.

"Cool. Eight in the morning at the school gates. Sorry for rambling."

"It's kinda cute," I maintain my smile.

She twists her lips to the side as she glances away from me, "Yeah yeah," then looks back at me with a smile, "I look forward to it~"