134 - Working on all kinds of nerves

"Hey," Akali greets her with a nice smile, "Sorry I didn't come to say hi first."

Tanya shakes her head, "No worries, happy to see someone extra walking around in this super big house - I have no idea how (Y/N) manages to walk around here alone I would have probably freaked out every few seconds."

She giggles, "There are a lot of rooms to fill here either way," she then looks at me, "Right?"

I nod, "Eventually."

Tanya then turns to me, "Will probably take a couple of years to get that plan underway - won't it?"

I then tilt my head, "Kids? Definitely not now."

I then back out of the room, "I still need to finish up with the food-"

Akali then points to her bag, "Food? I still have the noodle takeaways that I kinda made you get."

"Oh fuck I forgot..."

She then twists her lips as she eyes me suspiciously, "I mean - I wouldn't mind something else if the ramen isn't going to be enough... it is probably not enough for three people anyway."

There is hardly enough for the two of us, don't tell me you were going to share that with me, liar. This is going to turn into a war of property very very quickly where Akali instantly wins and that will probably just seal the deal of those two hating each other.

"I am making a Shepard's Pie."

Akali then grabs the takeout bag as she states, "I'd love some of that as well."

"When'd you get to be such a big eater?"

She defends herself, "It's just because I like all of them. I mean if you are going to make a big deal out of it-"

I only shake my head at her, "You can have it."

"She is feisty," Tanya whispers.

I am not going to answer that at all, I know Akali can hear it if she wants to and there is nothing telling me that she still doesn't have the hearing of a hawk. Walking back down to the kitchen Akali then pops the ramen into the microwave with Tanya hovering around.

"Do you need any help?" Akali asks as she is stood in front of the microwave.

I look into the oven, "Pretty much-done everything and just waiting for it to settle a bit - I made a bigger portion with just a little bit of rice as I prefer the Pie over the rice," I prefer anything over rice, rice is boring and bland.

Akali nods, "I will be sitting at the table then."

Tanya then chirps, "Same for me, see you in a bit then."

Please don't fight.

*** Akali POV ***

I pass through the doors and hallways to find the dining table where I remember it being, I then glance to the side to see that the fish are still alive - he must have been taking great care of this place to the smallest of details.

I plop down into one of the seats as she sits down elegantly across from me - who are you trying to impress lady?

She begins, "I saw the vids and I was super impressed with how good you can handle the people around you - not to mention how the rap battles look almost too easy while you do it."

"I am not really doing anything to the crowd - they all just want to see the other person be made a fool," I then look down at my ramen, annoyed that I didn't eat it when I got home because now it is just soggy and probably lost a lot of its flavour while sitting in the takeout bag.

"But you are good."

"I know I am," I nod, then feel the need to ask, "What do you do?"

"I handle a lot of the smaller musicians and manage some of them just to get them off of their feet - never something permanent because most of my duties is working at a record company and handling most of his nuances that he can't really deal with."

"Know him long?" I ask to pry further.

"Just for three years now," she nods, "Been with him while he was taking over the record company."

I would have been there for him if I didn't have to run away from crazy ninjas. She is really just trying to rub on thick that she has always been there through his progress... I just want to tell this bitch to shut up.

Why am I so angry?

"And you? Heard that you knew him for a while?"

I nod saying plainly, "I used to sleep with him."

She chuckles awkwardly, "Do you mean to say that you two were dating?"

"We were."

"Ah... okay," she chuckles again as she tucks her hands between her legs, "Welp. He made it sound like you were the one that ran away first - I can't imagine how it must have felt for him."

I then try not to show my glare, "I had things I needed to do. Sorry, but I don't really want to go into it."

She nods, "Oh no, I can understand that completely - but you aren't here to come back like everything is fine right? Like nothing changed over the years as if you can come back into his home without anything being addressed?"

I mutter, "You don't understand half of it," then looking up at her, "It was his choice inviting me over - it wasn't because I begged him or anything. He came to find me."

"So it feels rather one sided-"

"Are you purposely trying to gaslight me? Or get a rise out of me?"

"God no!" she then shakes her head quickly, "I just feel like you are being a bit unfair, you know?"

Please. Shut up.

"I guess."

Then lifting her shoulders, "I am sorry, I just do feel like I need to consider him a little bit as well."

I then shake my head, "You know what, I should probably have made sure it was okay with him first - not act like a little dunce and assumed that it would have bothered him after making the choice himself and acting against him, right?"

She narrows her gaze, "Someone's a bit touchy."

I shake my head, "I promise, I am not. But that must mean the two of you have been dating right? If you are actively thinking about what he needs, right?"

She gives me a smug expression, "Promise not to get jealous?"

Oh, this bitch. I am this close to just sticking my tongue in his mouth to get her to shut up - but fine. I can play the long game, just don't be all upset when I win this stupid little game you clearly want to drag me into.

*** Normal POV ***

Oh no. I can just tell this air is volatile, "I just left my plate in the kitchen, be here in a bit."

I rush back and come back to the two of them not making any eye contact, I just have this nasty feeling that there was maybe a confrontation and I want to stop this before something worse happens.

But then I'd be assuming. Then I could possibly make Akali angry at me, I don't want her to feel like she needs to be careful around me - or that I am going to make her feel like something is wrong.

I'll talk to her later, tomorrow if I get the time.

"This is soo good!" Tanya smiles at me, "I know it was kind of my turn but I just love your cooking a lot more."

I chuckle, "I do try my best," I then look at Akali who is giving her the side eye, "And your Ramen?"

She then transfers her annoyed gaze to me, "My ramen is soggy. Thank you for making me food as well."

I chuckle, "It's fine," she really can't hide her emotions at all.

I love her so much.