092 - Ricochet

The day goes by quickly as we all try to find different things to do, it feels hard but I was almost glued to Evelynn's side to make sure she doesn't distance herself from the rest of the group - I want to talk to Ahri but... I don't think she will let me.

It is already pretty late at night. Everyone went to their separate rooms already. The little we talked Kai'Sa and Akali confirmed that there is definitely something going on between them, but neither of us really have anything to go on.

Well... I kinda do but I have to get Ahri to confess it and I don't know how to do it.

Michelle is coming back on Monday, we have an off day from school till then so I guess we have... somewhere tomorrow to try again? I climb out of bed trying to get shake the thought just so that I can get a wink of sleep.

Though just down the hall I can see the TV's light flicker in the distance but it instantly fades away. There isn't any sound either - I tread closer slowly fearing for my life but I don't waste time getting to the edge.

Peeking around the corner I meet a set of eyes already meet mine, "Ahri?" I walk around the corner with a furrowed brow.

She chuckles weakly, "I really thought I could get away without someone coming along... but I heard you a bit too late didn't I?"

I then ask, "What are you doing?"

She then sits down on the remote beside her, she has covered herself in one of the blankets. I step closer as she lifts the blanket to hide half of her face - she doesn't look at me as I get closer to her.

"Are you okay?"

"Not really," she admits her voice brittle, "Just... thinking about a lot of things and the room felt a bit to..."

"Empty?" I ask her, she only nods, "What are you thinking about?"

"Everything," she whispers, "Evelynn has been ignoring me the entire time, I kinda wished I didn't provoke her like that... it was silly. I just wanted an answer from her but even then she just doesn't want to give it."

"Nothing is ever easy with her," I breathe out, "Was hard to get her to talk to me."

She shakes her head, "She likes you, you know that right? She doesn't talk to anyone... or look at anyone the same way she does you."

"Do you really believe that?" I turn to face her, "I haven't seen anyone care so much about anyone else as she cares about you - I think she doesn't tell you enough that she cares for you-"

"She does plenty for me," she interrupts me.

"But does she say it?" I ask, "They say actions speak louder than words, but sometimes our heads can't wrap around it and just want confirmation and we are stuck having to solve that little puzzle ourselves."

She chuckles, "I guess that is true," she lowers the blanket slightly, I can see that she has been crying but I won't talk about it.

"You both do the same thing, you know?" she tilts her head, "Refuse to talk about anything in any shape or form, she just outright says no but you play around it so easily. Why did you two do to end up like this?"

She takes a breath, and I can hear it quiver, "I love her, I really do. But I am driving her insane, she doesn't spend her time around me like she once did... she only worries and I think that it really  ruined anything we had."

"Why does she do it then?"

She doesn't say anything, then shakes her head as she finally breaks her silence, "I don't want to be the one that makes her angry every time, I don't want to make her worry every single step of the way that I might do something stupid."

"I hate it. She shouldn't have to treat me like that - I allowed it to ruin everything-"

I stop her, "At what point are you going to blame yourself for letting her care for you?" she looks at me with confused eyes, "Why is it your fault that you don't want to deal with everything? Or is it because you want to hear that it is your fault?"

"Shut up-" she whispers.

Her words make my heart ache, "How is it fair, Ahri?"

"I didn't say it was," she whimpers.

"But why in your mind are you the person that caused everything when you are suffering?" I ask her.

"I-"

"Ahri," I then glance to my side to see Evelynn stand in the entrance to the living room, "Do you really think all of that?"

Ahri then lifts herself, there is a brief moment of silence before she dashes past Evelynn. She tries to grab onto her but she is a lot faster than you'd think - going all the way up to her room, the door doesn't open as Evelynn sighs.

She rests her head against the door as she whispers, "Please let me in, Ahri."

"Evelynn-" I try to talk to her as she shoots me a pained gaze.

"Got to bed," she whispers to me, "I... I'll deal with her."

***   ***   ***

The only thought in my head as I wake up is that I might have just fucked up. I shouldn't have even attempted at doing something I can't do - why did I even think I should have confronted her about her problems when it is clearly just killing her?

I shut my eyes, just to get a few minutes of sleep only for the door to swing open with Kai'Sa rushing in with a fearful expression, "(Y/N) please wake up," she breathes a sigh of relief as I lift myself.

"What's wrong?" she looks frantic, "Calm down-"

She blurts out, "Ahri is gone..."