006 - A shift in planning

Now it is all about sitting tight till classes start in like thirty minutes and then being introduced, all that time to wait they might just slide us in. Crossing my legs over the other, I stare down at my phone between my logs as I spot someone stepping into the faculty office.

Watching her through my peripheral as she steps up to the same faculty teacher, "Are you Kai'Sa?"

She nods, "Yes."

She quickly reaches over the same way as she did for me, pulling a stack of papers that she hands to her, "I am Aaliyah. Please sit down over there and I will take you both to your class," the redheaded teacher dressed spontaneously then turns back to her work.

With another swift nod, she drops into the second chair to my right, I return my gaze back to my phone as she settles in the seat. Dropping the files on the seat next to mine I spot the text at the top and glance at mine.

Class 13A.

Then back at her, she sure is tall though not taller by much, her uniform is definitely not from around here - I guess that much is obvious. She is definitely good-looking, though she doesn't look approachable with her resting face.

She notices my gaze, looking at me with the same expression as I speak.

"You are also transferring. Was trying to place your uniform but it must mean you came from a faraway place."

She nods, "Very far away."

The conversation dies there. Ahhh... she doesn't really make it easy to try and talk to her. I kind of understand how it feels to move from one place to another so I thought maybe being a friendly face would have helped but I just fell on my face completely after staring at her for god knows how long.

"Ah sorry," she replaces her stare with a weak smile, instantly looking so much better, "Shurima. I was born there and moved from there to here."

"Really?" I twist my lips to the side, "Must be a massive change in humidity. Air is so dry and cold here."

"It's pretty dry there as well," she nods with a slight giggle, "Uhm... and you?"

"Just busy running away from home."

She instantly furrows her brow, "Wait why?"

Then copying her, "Ah sorry," realizing what I am doing she shakes her head with a sweet smile, "Well... I came here with my sister. There was nobody left to take care of me so she took me with her and how I ended up here for my last year."

"I'm sorry to hear that..."

I shake my head, "Don't be. It is probably better that it ended up this way."

"You don't feel bad for having to abandon all your friends coming here?" the question is very specific, she must have that problem.

I flare my nostrils, then slowly shake my head, "Didn't really have good friends. Just people I got along with because I was spending the rest of my school years with them - so it isn't that bad, it is just getting to meet new people that sounds pretty annoying."

"I am used to the process," she states, "Though I have to admit seeing someone in the same boat this time around makes it a little bit easier to complain about it."

"You transfer schools a lot?"

She nods, then resting her hands between her long legs, she leans a little bit forward, "Have to. My dad travels around a lot due to his work, I don't even know half of the time what he really does but I can't go anywhere without him. So I was doing this since primary school."

"It was hard moving on from good friends but sometimes I end up meeting them because we have to go back... and other times it is just even more new faces and I continue to learn more about what I love," she then sighs, "Though after this year it won't matter that much, huh? So if I do end up staying it won't be as bad and it will be because of my own choices."