008 - A brief confrontation

*** Evelynn POV ***

"Damnit I lost my bet," I lower my head onto my arms.

"What's up with her? And why is she going on about a bet?" I hear Liam ask.

Ahri then sighs, "She is just going through the motions of failure," then prodding my arm with her finger, "It's okay. Who would have known that your candidate is indeed not a recluse."

Lifting my head with an annoyed stare, "Stop patronizing me, Ahri."

She only giggles, "Aren't you being a little dramatic about it?"

"Who likes losing?" I counter.

"Fair enough," she then turns to the other three, "How are things in your class, got any new people, or are they all in our class?"

Vic, a tall yet somehow feminine-looking boy, his curly brown hair does kind of play into that look but he is attractive either way, he then states, "Nope. Nobody. Though I had a quick talk with Kai'Sa and the girls in our dancing team want to get her to join."

"Why?" I ask.

He looks at me, "You don't know?"

"That is why I asked why dumbass."

"So rude," he then sighs, "She is an international gold medalist. Probably one of the biggest up-and-coming dancers to come into the scene and having mastered plenty of dancing techniques."

"Interesting," I then glance over to the back to see her standing in the group at the back.

Ahri then states, "It's nice to know that, I didn't know she would be that hardcore."

"She is already a success in her field," I say, "Even though she is still in school, I guess the medals are specifically for her age category but still. Impressive."

Ahri leans on my table as she states, "She is really pretty."

"So are you two," we both look at Simon who then lifts his shoulders, "What? Can't a guy compliment a girl and not be looked at like THAT?!"

I snort, "Your reaction makes it so much more tolerable."

"Ignore her, Simon. She is in a bit of a mood today," Ahri then sighs, "Where are the rest of the guys?"

Liam answers, "They said they wanted to get their sport and other things ready while they still have a chance to do it - so they are going to brown-nose their coaches, and then we will see them by recess."

I then ask Ahri, "Want to go drop by with your favorite group in the back and say hi to the two of them?"

Ahri looks past me, I can tell she really doesn't want to be near them but she also wants to go and say hi. She then shakes her head, "I'll get some time to do it later."

I then try again, "Well... I am going right now so I would come while you don't have to be there on your lonesome."

"Fine," I roll my eyes as I try to hold in my amusement.

"See you three later," I say to them because I know the three of them won't dare go to that group.

Liam used to be friends with Eric and then eventually moved to us. There is some bad blood in there and it wouldn't be funny if we started aggravating each other this early in the year - besides us going over is already a bad idea.

A lot of them can't stand the sight of us... don't know what we did. There are obviously groups but it is just their group and ours that just never could get along. Unfortunately, I always thought Akali is unintentionally cute but being friends is hard when all I want to do is wring their necks.