044 - Feeling alone now...

Sitting on the floor with my back against the couch, the building is quiet. My sister left with Max to get food and Kai'Sa is trying her best to help me with the situation. It's a terrible one, I can't help but feel like kicking myself in the gut.

"Maybe it isn't meant to be."

She shakes her head, "She... I don't know what to say, (Y/N)."

"There is nothing to say," I lean to the side, feeling my emotional fatigue catch up to me as she grabs me by the shoulders and lowers my head onto her lap, "I feel so tired."

"We all have been worried about her all day long, it all happens so fast and we don't even know what to do," she sniffles, "I don't know, I always think I know but I don't know what to do, (Y/N)."

I repeat her words, "It will work out... it has to."

She nods, I glance up at her as she is wiping her tears, "Sorry. I am here crying because I feel like I can't do anything. How silly of me."

I shake my head, "We just need to stay strong, I guess that is all I can do now. I want to run after her but she is faster, I watch to hold her but it hurts when I touch her, I don't want to kill her by telling her to stay."

"I am not that selfish."

She then lowers her fingers to my face, "Maybe you should, maybe because she doesn't know what choice to make. Even when it hurts... we will get through to her. We will try again tomorrow before the weekend. Okay?"

I nod, "Thanks. I don't know what I'd do."

She smiles down at me, "I don't want to lose any more people than I already have. I know the feeling and I don't want everyone to go through it. She'll be back, I know you will help her."

"That's a lot of faith in me," I turn in place, "I hope I won't disappoint you."

***   ***   ***

Nowhere. She wasn't anywhere to be found. Akali didn't show up to school today and I won't be able to see her until Monday. I plan on walking to the temple after school to try and talk to her but it must all just be killing her.

Walking through the hallways, I suddenly feel a fist against my face. I stumble into the wall as I see Conner glare at me, "It's your fault!"

Everyone is looking at the two of us in the hallway, I then push myself off the wall, "Back off."

"It's because of you, that she said no! This is your fucking fault all of this happened!"

He charges at me, lifting his fist that I easily block and push him to the ground. Hitting him in the jaw and cheek as he struggles against my weight, "I told you to back off!"

"Never! You did this! I loved her and now she will never ever-"

"Who's fault is that!" I scream at him, "You pushed her this far, it is you! Because of you and your fucking friends she is probably crying!"

"It isn't us!"

I hit him again, "It is! Shut up! You stupid fucking idiot, you don't care for her do you!?"

"I do!"

I feel an arm on my shoulder trying to pull me off, I spin around to hit them as I stop myself to see Eric, "Please stop."

I glance back down at him, and then shake my head, "What's his problem?"

Eric then states, "He tried to confess to Akali... and..."

I look back at him, "Serves you right," I see the tears in his eyes and I don't even feel a bit sad about it.

Dumbass.

We were called to the principal's office to talk about it, I am forced to take detention for an extra hour because of the fight making me lose even more time to talk to Akali. Sitting in there, I keep my thoughts to myself as I keep worrying over and over.

Kai'Sa said she is going to ask my sister to check up on her if she can, but I don't know if she will be able to. She has extensive training today and won't be able to break the schedule. I hate this so much.

***   ***   ***

Walking out of the classroom I see all three of them, "Girls?"

Ahri smiles at me, "Can't let you do this on your own, we are all here for her so let's go and bring her back."

Evelynn also shoots me a semi-smile, "Don't cry though. I don't need to sit with three of you crying like idiots."

Kai'Sa looks at her, "Thanks for coming either way, if you feel left out you can always pretend to cry."

I give a sigh of relief, "Thanks, all of you. Let's not waste time and see if we can get through to her."

We start to walk as Ahri asks, "Do you have a plan?"

"No."

Evelynn then adds, "The best kind of plan is no plan at all."

"You could have come up with one."

She lifts her shoulders, "Talking to her might be our best bet."

"No shit."

"I'm trying, unlike you."

"Clearly not a lot."

She pushes me, "Glad to see you can keep a conversation going despite looking like you want to burst into tears."

"At least I don't have to chisel the ice from my heart to make my drinks colder."

"I bet the salt in the tears does the trick for you."

Ahri then looks at both of us, "You two... are friends right?"

Evelynn nods," The best kind."

"What about me?" Ahri pouts at her, "You don't talk to me like that.

"I love you," she smiles at her, "I tolerate him."

Kai'Sa giggles, "When'd you two get along like this?"

I look at her as I state, "She came to kick me the gut when I was sulking and it ended up helping me quite a bit."

Kai'Sa smiles, "Not... physically right?"

"It is hard to tell with Evelynn, isn't it?"

We continue the flow of the conversation to keep our spirits high, we need that much. Getting closer and closer to the place I can feel my heart sink and climb back into my chest. I am terrified that it won't be enough but I sure hope it is.

Knocking on the temple door, it opens to reveal Shen, "(Y/N)? I don't recall having a meeting with you or your sister."

"I actually came to visit Akali-"

He then looks at me, "She said she will be hanging out with you for the weekend."

I nod slowly, "I... I understand. She is probably with my sister then," I flash a smile, knowing that he knows I am lying.

We step back across the street as I say, "Akali is running away," my heart has already sunken so low, I just see all of their faces fade from their smiles into the saddest expressions.

"Where?"

"I... I don't know," I lift my shoulders, "It's been an entire day, she can be anywhere."

I notice the gates open as a bunch of foot soldiers start to run, Shen runs across to us, "Do you know where she could be?"

I shake my head, "I don't. I..."

"Please help us find her, we will be forever in your debt."

I nod quickly, "I... we will."

Akali... why did it take so long to realize. I hate myself, I hope you aren't lost already. I hope to god that we will find you.