046 - Calm and the Storm

*** Akali POV ***

Back against the wall, resting one hand on my knee as I bounce my leg to the music playing in my ears. Staring down at my phone, I twist my lips to the side as I stare at his name. I don't know... I kinda want to call him but I kinda don't want to hear anything about what happened.

I am still embarrassed that I let all that happen... being scolded by the Kinkou was already enough. Taking a deep breath that I hold in my cheeks, I slowly blow out as I pull out the earphones and give him a call.

The call answers quickly, my heart skips a couple of beats, "(Y/N). What's up?"

"Hey..."

"Akali? Hey, what's up? I was understanding that you are kind of grounded by you are not."

I chuckle, "Something like that, yeah," then say with a smile, "They kind of have an understanding that I hated my time here so it is in like that little gray area of trying to be better so that's the only reason I can use my phone without them throwing a fit."

"Throwing a fit?" I hear him chuckle, and can practically see him raising his eyebrow at me.

"Hmm, I mean I do kinda deserve it?"

"Kinda?"

"Repeating my words won't change anything," I pout to myself.

"Does this mean you are going to have to stay the weekend or do I have to get my sister to bust you out?"

I shake my head, "No that probably won't work. It's like a puppy that ran away, you aren't going to let them get close to any form of gate or freedom for a little while till you build that trust."

"So I'll be seeing you Monday? Yeah?"

I nod, then with a few seconds of silence I nod again shutting my eyes, "You will see me Monday, what are your plans for the weekend?"

"No idea. I have Michelle that somehow got my number telling me to meet her somewhere."

"She really is overly... everything."

"Can say that again," he sighs, "Don't exactly know what she wants from me."

"Hope nothing too silly."

"You and me both," I lift my knees to my chest, opening my mouth to speak but the words just freeze in the air, "Uhhm, Akali?"

"Y-yeah?"

"You sound like you are trying to ask me something."

"I mean... I don't know if I should just ask you in person but I'd rather not let you see me kind of dance around my words like an idiot. You know?"

He chuckles, "I get that, just ask the question."

Taking a deep breath as I speak, "Well... we didn't really get to talk about anything or just enjoy the little moment last night. Michelle was kind of adamant about it and I was dragged into the temple grounds to be scolded-"

"I was there, yeah."

"I'm getting to it, I swear!"

"I'm sure you are," he chuckles, "Take your time."

"I... don't really know where the two of us are right now. I don't want to wait till Monday to worry about your answer either, I did everything I did because I wanted to... I stayed because it was you that came for me."

Before he could answer, "I know you and Kai'Sa are super close and I don't want to step in toes and such-"

"Akali."