077 - I will be fine.

Jake steps out of the building but he looks incredibly bummed out, "Sorry, dude. I mean she started asking questions I didn't even know what they meant and that kind of just kicked me in the balls."

Evelynn then looks at me, "I could have told you that would happen," she then looks at Jake with a smile, "Thanks, Jake. You have done a lot lately."

"Not a disappointment?" he arches his brow at her with a slight smile.

"Nope," she says quickly, "I am going to meet up with Ahri if you want to tag along unless you need to meet with Akali or Kai'Sa."

"I meet with Kai'Sa later tonight," I sigh, "Akali is busy with Kinkou things and seeing if one of them is willing to falsely conscript me with the intention of letting me eventually go. She says it probably won't work but she can get a little bit away with someone called Kennen."

She nods, "Sucks that so many things are working against everyone."

Jake then says, "We should leave then, your sister is hot though."

"Thanks, Jake," I chuckle, then climb in the back as I offer my hand for Evelynn, she grabs it as I lift her up into the back.

"Sorry about him, he fell a lot when he was younger."

I shake my head, "I need people like him making light of the smallest things. It makes it somewhat more bearable."

She nods, "It does help sometimes," then asks, "Feeling a bit better about it all?"

"Still bummed out, but not about to give up with everyone else trying their best. So I am just putting up a smile for their sakes - nothing sucks more than trying to help someone and it just feels like you are doing nothing."

She lets her smile fade, "Yeah... I understand that all too well," the car starts to move as she looks at me through the corner of her eye, "Can you do me a favor?" I nod, "Will you help me look out for Ahri, I feel like everything I was doing amounts to nothing and I am desperate for anyone to help."

"You want me?"

She nods, "Silly, isn't it? You have to worry about being forced to move away and I am asking you to worry about someone else for my sake."

"Let's take it as we go?" I suggest.

She nods, "I guess there isn't much to do than that, huh?" she lifts her shoulders, "I really wish I could do more to help you but it is just... impossible at this rate. I am just so..."

I look at her, she has a pained expression on her face almost like she is on the brink of crying. But this is all about Ahri, it just makes me worry about what Ahri is going through and how she can just put on a brave face.

I grab her around the shoulders and pull her closer to me, she lets it happen as she slings her arm around my waist, "Sorry... it must be funny seeing me like this."

"I am worried about both of you more than anything."

She shakes her head, "Never be worried about me, I can handle myself and always knew how to handle myself. I just haven't felt so powerless in a long time."

"Want to talk about that?" I ask slowly and carefully.

"Michelle was a control freak, she loves being the dominant one in any conversation and always worms her way around your throat - every single day spent with that woman felt like I was ready to explode and yet I experienced worse than her."

"Then why keep her around?" I ask.

"She sticks around because even out of everything she has done to me - she has done so much more for Jake, for me," she sighs, "She is in a sense part of our dysfunctional family and even despite that - she came through for us when I was so sure she would just leave us to die on the streets."

I nod, "She has a good heart."

"I wouldn't go that far," she chuckles, "She scared me out of relationships for good - Michelle isn't a good person to anyone but the people she wants to be good towards. Seraphine has a different outlook on her than any of us."

I nod. She is unpredictable.

Evelynn then lifts her head, her hair brushing against my chin she looks at me with watery eyes, "Evelynn?"

"Kiss me," I open my mouth and she breathes out in a whisper, "Just shut up about it, I don't want to talk about her."

I lower my head to kiss her, she grabs me by the back of the neck and hungrily kisses me. Pulling me deeper into her embrace only for the pickup to suddenly rock forward and the two of us almost fall down.

She shoots Jake a glare through the window, "Asshole," she then looks back at me.

She awkwardly lifts herself off from me and jumps down the side, the door opens with Jake and she instantly pushes it back into him, "Come on don't get all upset with me!" he laughs.

I look at Jake who then asks me, "I am not going to pretend that I have a say in what she does, but take care of her if you can," he then gestures towards her with his head, "She doesn't trust people to do anything for her."

"I will."

"But... you know the basic things, break her heart and I break your knee caps. That sorta deal," he chuckles as he walks towards the door.

I don't even know if he was serious. I catch up to them and step through the fancy doors of this massive house only to see that is empty and smells dusty. Angel would die the moment she stepped inside.

Ahri then peeks her head around the corner, "You are also here," she then gives me a sympathetic gaze, "Sorry... I wish things would work out your way."

I chuckle, "Doing my best not to kill anyone else's mood."

She walks up to me, "Just smile, it is all we can do sometimes," she then sighs, "Welcome to my... well it was my home."

I glance at her, "Was?"

She nods, "Uhm... my mother is selling the place and everything in it - I am moving in with Evelynn and Jake starting tomorrow," she then lowers her gaze, "She is already gone, I would have let you meet her."

"Gone?"

She nods, "Forever," then looks at me with that same smile, not even an ounce of hurt on her face. I step forward to give her a hug only for her to chuckle, awkwardly asking, "What is this for?"

"I don't trust your smiles anymore."

"Ah," she giggles, "I guess either you can tell that I am a natural liar or Evelynn told you about my situation."

I set her at ease, "I don't know anything, I just always worried about how you smile through it so naturally."

"Trying to be strong," she whispers, but her voice is raspy and shaky... like I am going to bring her to tears. Then returning the hug she then pulls away from me, "Thanks, I sometimes need a hug here and there."

"If you need me-"

She interrupts me, "Nope. I don't need help. So don't make me that promise otherwise if something did happen to me... you'd blame yourself."

I furrow my brow at her, "Implying that-"

"Nope," interrupting me again, "I am fine. I will be fine at least... probably not now but I," she shakes her head as she lifts her thumbs to her eyes, "I will be fine."