048 - Hope

*** Seraphine POV ***

"It's crazy to think there are people that would go that far, hmm? What do you think Alex?" he glances at me over his shoulder as he is standing with his hands in his pockets.

"People are stupid," he states.

I nod as I chuckle, "Even picking fights with people outside of school."

"Really?" I see him crack a smile, "Too many people think they know what the fuck they are doing when they can easily just be shoved around," he clears his throat.

"And what are you trying to suggest?"

"Nothing, Sera."

"You can lie to me if you want to, not like I don't know what it sounds or looks like."

He sighs as he states, "Been in worse fights where people usually walk away with stitches. Those five got lucky to walk away with nothing but a light prison sentence... maybe a fine. If I was that kid-"

"Older than you."

"Still a kid. I would have kicked their asses and make sure you beat them to a point where they will never come back to fight again... so shit scared of ever wanting to be near you."

"Or they bring more people to pay back the price."

He then chuckles, "Then you bring your friends."

Shaking my head at him, "Sounds like actively making it worse for everyone involved, though I should probably know better than ask you about things like this."

"Probably," then staring me in the eye, "If you know that my answers don't sit right by you, then maybe think next time."

"Silly me," I pull my gaze from him.

Silly me. Moments later amidst the silence, the rest of our friends finally catch up to the two of us. To say the least, maybe the two of us are just something that needs to be reconsidered yet again, maybe this time my mind can think of a different outcome and finally turn my back.

*** Normal POV ***

Holding the meeting this early in the week is probably because the closer we get to it the more we realize that we haven't planned anything going forward. I have been on the websites calling them and asking for potential school visitors and a lot of them have spots open for us at pretty bad times.

The one most of us want to go to has a perfect opening but the problem is deciding on how to get funds. We will figure it out.

Ahri sides next to me, brushing her knuckles against my shoulder, "Any luck?"

"Got a few, yeah. Though for the one that matters the most... well you know just as much as me that funds are our biggest issue."

"I'll see if I can pull strings."

I arch my brow, "With who?"

"They usually have specials or visitor bundles that they are probably not telling you about so I will do my own research," she winks at me, then looks back at the other two working at the table opposite of me, "With everyone being so busy I feel like I am doing nothing."

"Feel free to take over," I suggest.

She drops down in the seat next to me, "Nope," with her gaze locked onto the workstation, she asks, "You are a miracle worker."

"Why?" I glance at her as she doesn't look at me.

"Fighting with probably an entire friend group, outing them as scum. Then bringing a music group together, then keeping the person that wanted to make it from running away from all of us, even making Michelle look somewhat bearable as a person."