029 - Home is a long way

"What'd you end up getting?" Akali asks as I sit down, Ahri and Evelynn's gazes connect to our conversation.

"An anime figurine. She loves watching anime between off time so I thought I might as well take some of my allowance and my kidney to buy her one. These little things are super expensive."

Ahri then asks, "What series?"

I chuckle, "I am actually a bit afraid to say but, To Love Ru... she has a peculiar taste."

"Never heard of it before," Akali states.

Evelynn remarks, "Oh. We have. Interesting one if anything," she giggles, "Are we all breaking apart and heading home after this, or do you two still have plans for the rest of the day?"

Akali then says, "I have to kind of get home, I usually stay out later than this but I am kind of being watched and I don't want to screw up and make it harder on anyone else."

Probably referring to them canceling my sister's arrangements. Must be holding her accountable for every single thing and it is killing her. I guess I know why she doesn't want to be home - she made it pretty clear but I just wonder how much she will take.

The conversation goes on as we finally get our food for the table. Everyone eats their fill and decides to each go their own way after that. Ahri and Evelynn sticking together as per usual - those two are crazy close.

Kai'Sa said she'd be walking with me and Conner took my place. He was probably dying to get next to her the entire time. I don't know but a part of me feels like Akali needs help with something and she isn't telling me the truth... or maybe she doesn't because she knows what my first plan of action is.

Ahri and Evelynn... I can't really see through them but I enjoy Ahri's company and Evelynn is only there because Ahri is. Is it because she has no other friends? I like to think it is because even though she doesn't add much, it is probably there just for Ahri. Maybe she doesn't care about anyone else.

*** Akali POV ***

Walking home, it is awfully quiet. He usually has a lot to talk about but probably being a little bit pissed of because it is (Y/N). I don't really care if it bothers him because he is my friend unfortunately for him.

It annoys me actually...

We pass along a fence with trees, behind it is an open field with a park. I know we aren't far from the temple. I then feel his grip around my wrist, "Akali..." I stop in place as I turn around, he lets go the moment I look at him.

"What's up? You look like you are about to tell me you don't want to be my friend anymore."

He chuckles, "Pretty much the opposite actually."

I furrow my brow at him, waiting for him to answer I realize that my expression is probably keeping him from taking that little leap, "Conner?"

"Y-yeah..."

"Breathe. You have known me for a long time, just talk to me," I smile at him, "Kay?"

He nods quickly, "I actually... really really like you. For quite a bit but I didn't know how to talk to you about it or confess it for a long time," he then tries to smile, "Uhm... how do you feel?"

"I... know that you liked me for a bit actually. It was pretty obvious but I just let it go till you had the confidence to talk about it," I giggle to myself, then shaking my head, "I don't have an answer for you right now, Conner."

"Is it because there is someone else?"

I let my smile fade, "Even if there is someone else, someone else that I like, it is up to me to figure that out for myself."

"It is him, isn't it?"

I then sigh, "Is that why you asked me now, and not tomorrow?" his eyes widen in response, "I mean, it is pretty obvious you were trying to ask me that tomorrow. You saw (Y/N) with me today and it made you jealous, didn't it?"

"I am not jealous."

The point of lying is what exactly? I twist my lips to the side as I say finally, "I do like you, Conner. I just don't know how I really feel about everything and I have to figure it out for myself."

"You are avoiding my question."

"Because it doesn't matter, you don't need to know," I rub my neck, "If I tell you his name, what then? You make sure that neither of you gets me?"

"I wouldn't do that," he says it very quickly, he probably expected me to ask the question.

I lift my shoulders, "Then you don't need to know either way - please don't ask again because you aren't making a good case for yourself. I will give you my answer by Friday, I promise, okay?'

He nods, "So we won't be able to hang out tomorrow?"

I shake my head, "Not if you want to make the air any more awkward than it already is," I chuckle, "Don't look so down, you got it out and didn't throw up which is always a win," I offer a smile, "See you Monday, okay?"

"See ya, Akali."

"I'll see you then."

I don't have an answer because I like two people right now, I like the other one more. It is hard to make a decision but it is those moments where he will end up blaming him, then blaming me, then making a scene where I lose even more friends.

I don't want to lose anyone - that alone is making me want to choose him but that isn't a reason I should ever choose someone. (Y/N)... I just want a solid answer from you. I hope I can find that because I think... when I want to run away you will be the only one that can keep me here.

Because I will be honest, I have been ready to run for a while now. 

I don't even know what I want anymore.